🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Introduction to AI

Started by
2 comments, last by Mr_Confused 22 years, 2 months ago
I am looking for an article/book that is a good introduction to AI, not necessarily something that is going to teach me a lot, but just give me a brief introduction to everything that is AI. I decided against google-ing it because I don''t know what I''m looking for - in as much as I don''t know anything about AI. If anybody knows of any good book or online article I would very much appreciate you telling me. - Oliver. ----------------------------------------------------------------- and like that.... he was confused
---------------------------------------------------------Until you've failed, you don't know what success is.
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Mr_Confused
I am looking for an article/book that is a good introduction to AI, not necessarily something that is going to teach me a lot, but just give me a brief introduction to everything that is AI.

I decided against google-ing it because I don''t know what I''m looking for - in as much as I don''t know anything about AI.

Its too bad you have given up on using google and doing a web search.

Searching using just "artificial intelligence introductions" yielded a number of interesting
introductory articles on AI. Then using "artificial intelligence tutorials" highlighted many
sites where tutorials on different AI aspects existed.

Eric
ahhh, where would we be without google?!

http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Artificial_Intelligence/

bangz.
... or you could use the "Articles & Resources" link at the top of this page. Then click on "Artificial Intelligence" on the right side. You will get a wealth of links and articles.

Dave Mark
President and Lead Designer
Intrinsic Algorithm Development

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement