🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Trees

Started by
3 comments, last by Ranok 24 years, 3 months ago
If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? (I''m very bored at the moment.)
---Ranok---
Advertisement
Yes, it does.
Even if you argue that perception is necessary for the existance of sound, it has been proven that vegetative life can respond to audio stimuli. Therefore the vegitation surrounding the fallen tree will create the perception necessary for the existance of the sound.

(I''m pretty bored too.)
Question: Does vegtable stuff count as "someone", and how does it react to audio stimuli (prehaps kind of like those little toy flowers that dance around if you put them near some sound). Anyway, doesn''t sound exist anyway, regardless of who''s around to hear it. If sound didn''t happen if no-one was around to hear it, then it would have to make a decision as to whether it was going to exist or not, so it would have to not only be intellegent, but be able to control whether or not it exists (which is a bit of a paradox, cause it can''t make a decision if it doesn''t exist).

Answer: Sound is, in fact, some little creature that exists outside of time-space, can view what''s happening everywhere, can pop (silently) in and out of our dimension, and be in more than one place at a time.

(How bored am I?)

George.

"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"

George. F"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"
I''m so bored that I''m not even going to answer this.

Broeha!!

Jaap Suter
____________________________Mmmm, I''ll have to think of one.
Fair enough.

George.

"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"

George. F"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement