🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Qbasic .BAS TO VB

Started by
1 comment, last by Fifthcore 24 years, 4 months ago
In Qbasic (Yes I know that Qbasic is old, but it does the job) the file format used is .bas. VB supports .bas but VB need a SubMain() to work. Can anyone help?? Thanks P.S Working on an Online RPG >> All code will be conveted to C++ Direct X aka Direct Draw
www.ivgdb.com Internet Videogame Database
Advertisement
.bas files are just textfiles and can be opened in Notepad. The problem with converting QB .bas files to VB .bas files is that VB is Windows based.

VB can only make Windows progs and QB can only make DOS progs. You can''t convert a DOS program to Windows without rewriting almost everything.

I don''t really understand your question... "VB supports .bas but needs a SubMain() to work. Can anyone help?" What can we help you with?

/. Muzzafarath
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Qbasic to Visual Basic is very possible. The code is very very simmilar. You just have to make your own...wrapper. In other words, functions that draw the text and lines and stuff have to be converted to VB or make a module that acts like a wrapper. If you are clueless, mail me.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement