🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

soundforge 5!! I NEED HELP

Started by
2 comments, last by chonkie 22 years, 2 months ago
Hi I am new to soundforge, i was playing around with the keyboard within the soundforge program, and it generated some cool sound, and i have to record it, but HOW?!!! the record window doesn''t let me switch back to the keyboard window, so I can''t click on the keyboard to make sound and record at the same time? help plzzzz...
cx
Advertisement
I''ve not used SoundForge, but since it''s a professional app it should come with documentation of some kind, or a forum devoted to the product.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
Basically what is happening is that Sound Forge is keying off the general midi section of a software synth/sound card in your computer. That feature only allows you to playback those sounds not record them which is kinda odd. You need to find the sample source in your system and then import the samples into sound forge to manipulate them.

DRINK GIN! IT MAKES A MAN MEAN-milk and cheese
DRINK GIN! IT MAKES A MAN MEAN-milk and cheese
You could try using sndrec32 the windows sound recorder... I love using it for programs that don''t let you record their sounds

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - The future of RPGs GPA Thanks to all the goblins in the GDCorner niche

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement