🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Board Suggestion

Started by
6 comments, last by kressilac 24 years, 3 months ago
A symbol in the header page listing of topics for each forum that indicates if you have responded to this thread would be nice. Sometimes I respond to a thread and wish I could remember the title of the thread that I responded to so I could follow up on responses to my post. I think this will make the threads much much easier to use for those of us that post a lot. Derek
Derek Licciardi (Kressilac)Elysian Productions Inc.
Advertisement
I always use the "View Profile" thing to follow threads I''ve previously posted on...

George.

"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"

George. F"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"
I think Active topics is really great too.
Or if I want answer directly and not wanna go look every five minutes on my postings, I use "reply by email".
Too bad you can''t get the actual reply in the email too.

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design

"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
I left my e-mail address out of my profile, so I don''t get loads of messages. This means I can''t use the "e-mail prompt on new message" thing. Such is life.

Do you get loads of annoying spam/junk messages if you give a proper e-mail address, or is this forum populated only by responsible people who only e-mail friendly messages?

(No offense to anyone intended BTW)

George.

"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"

George. F"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"
quote: Original post by GEo

Do you get loads of annoying spam/junk messages if you give a proper e-mail address, or is this forum populated only by responsible people who only e-mail friendly messages?

(No offense to anyone intended BTW)

George.

No, I''ve never received junk from here

ZoomBoy
A 2D RPG with skills, weapons, and adventure.
See my character editor, Tile editor and diary at
Check out my web-site
Me neither, I think most of the people that bothers to look at the profile is serious and "good" people

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design

"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
Normally, e-mail addresses for spam lists are harvested automatically by bots or something similar, and the way the forums are set up makes it difficult for e-mail addresses to be extracted from here. So don''t worry about it.
The only e-mails I''ve received as a result of this forum have been specific questions/requests for help by members of the forum, which I don''t mind at all. I''ve never received any spam as a result of having my e-mail address posted.

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement