🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Names for end time game

Started by
30 comments, last by JesusFreak 24 years, 3 months ago
For a title. what would be cool if it was "The Seal" and then link it to the seven seals that were opened.

:D
Advertisement
How about "the final countdown" And the anti-christ should be Phil like Phil the prince of insuficiant lighting in the dilbert comics!!
AfastrunnerAKA Camelboy
Did your church or whatever try to teach you not to be so god damn trendy. Now that y2k is over it makes no sense for these movies and games (not that it did to sane people before). Kind of off the subject hear, but many of the game programmer''s i know are atheists, how many people here are?

*** Triality ***
*** Triality ***
You could name the game "Charlie Apocolypse" and the antichrist could be named Brimstone Jones
Perkele!

... I admit that christianity is a huge source of material for books, games and movies. But I think that it has been used so much that it has almost drowned the interesting pagan cultures of the European countries.

Yes, I know that the pagan source had been used too, but the use of it often reflects the poor knowledge of legends and myths behind the pagan culture. Too often is Tor (Thor) depicted as a one more boring superhero or pagan beliefs are just described as something evil, dark and ancient. Good storytelling in a game should use contradiction and set a feeling of uncertainity.

Ok. Christianity has been used as a source with very mediocre talent too - so I think it is acceptable to try to use it with style.

Anyway - I am personally very interested in the pagan traditions and beliefs and I see why the pagan tradition had a powerful appeal. In Scandinavian countries the pagan religion is a source of national pride, while christianity was a powerful force that humiliated us with "Die by the sword or pray our allmighty God"...

In the christian''s point of view you could use someone nationalistic who wants to redeem national tradions and an old pagan culture as a seemingly good and popular character. But he would be the Anti-Christ. --- It is an interesting setting that has been regretfully used with no style at all, but one could use it without the obvious parameters. (Aryan Hitler vs Chirstianity as Jewish tradition - that would be just plain boring)

Go ahead and get some in-depht information about Wotan, Odin, Loke, Yggdrasil, Herne, Celts and Aztecs... etc. I think it would be benificial to your biblical game-project.

Or better - do a game about your real culture - not the one of your oppressor - the christian church...

Osmo Suvisaari - A pagan from the dark forests of Finland...
"not the one of your oppressor - the christian church..."

How is it our oppressor? In Sweden, christianity is not big at all. 75 years ago, I think you were odd if you weren''t christian, but nowadays, I think it''s alot more people that are atheists than christians. Or am I completely wrong here?

Btw, you say you''re from the dark woods? Go see Blair Witch, that house at the end of it, that''s where I live =)

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design
"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
You are right. That institution has lost much of it''s significance... My intention was just to promote the knowledge of our history. I was kidding about the opression: In addition to the atrocities in the history the Church has done here a lot of good things.

-Osmo Suvisaari

PS. Take a look at this photo. It is a view from my bedroom window...
http://www.iki.fi/~osmo/taide/myhome.jpg
If anyone''s made a game based on this idea I would like a link to its website, or at least its name. In other words, nobody has made a good Christian game before, it''s a virtually unexplored market, so why the big fuss on getting started making them. Why are you all trying to clamp down on a new idea? Too narrow-minded of a project for your tastes??????
joeG
I have and oringinal idea
how about
THE END
and the antichrist
Evil MuthaF**ker
Zerwit, What does Y2K have to do with end times? The Bible says that we won''t know when the end comes so it only makes sence that it wouldn''t be when everyone else thinks it is.

E:cb woof!
E:cb woof!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement