Advertisement

General C++ Question

Started by May 05, 2002 03:17 PM
1 comment, last by viper35al 22 years, 4 months ago
I''m rather new to C++ and I was wondering if in C++ there was ways to interact with windows or the actual system, instead of just having a program be alone. Example: Like is there a way in which you can make a program that reads information on a hard drive like a document file or something and can access that information in the document and use it in the program, or maybe make a program that can take another program and unzip it for example. I don''t need to know how to do any of this, I''m just wondering if when someone becomes advance enough if it is possible to do this in C++. Thanks.
short answer: yes.

-eldee
;another space monkey;
[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

::evolve::

-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]
Advertisement
Considering your question, I''d agree that you''re pretty new to C++ but anyway, to your question. The short answer is yes, C++ can do those things. Eventually you will learn of a few ways to open and interact with files, reading and writing their contents. If you would like to know how, just ask and we''ll be happy to show you. Working with files is not even very advanced. Remember that almost everything that programs do on your system is coded in C++.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement