🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help I've fallen down a hole!!

Started by
9 comments, last by Wild9eR 24 years, 3 months ago
I was reading a post on programming enviroments and I saw a couple of band names mentioned (Malmsteen, Blind Guradin, and Rhapsody). So I loaded Napster and in 5 minutes I had songs by BG and Malmsteen (anything with "rhapsody" in it was by Queen!?); and I was pleased. This stuff is REALLY GOOD! I stopped looking for good metal when Metallica (after Load) and Megadeth (new album totally blows) started to cin >> COMPLETE_SHIT; Anyways I have been reduced to techno (which is very good by the way. Kinda strange saying that when I started to get into music with heavy metal). I am very happy to say as soon as I get off work I shall make my way to the nearest Music store and buy a CD by Blind Guardian. Yes, that is right, even though I am able to get the MP3 I still buy my music. Why you ask? Cause musicians put thier heart and soul into thier music. If you like a song enough to listen to it at a whim, by God you should pay for it! Anyway back onto the subject....What other bands are out there that KICK ASS!! I am looking for either Metal like the bands above or any kinda of techno (prefably trance, and please no Jungle that stuff gives me a headache). Any helpfull posts are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Wild9eR
Job description : Duct Tape
Advertisement
One techno band that I REALLY enjoy is Eiffel 65. That song blue, is played too much nowadays, but I like EVERY song by them, which is surpising since I like Metal and only they''re style of techno

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
Eifel 65 is most definitly NOT techno, its commercial crap.
And for original poster, the transition from metal to techno is not that weird I think, I listen to both, though I prefer black metal when I''m coding.

btw. that commercial crap thing is just my opinion
try searching the web for Dave Clark or luke slater ...
thats real techno
Since I made the post about the music you mention, I will turn you on to some more good stuff.

Helloween
Luca Turilli
Kenziner
Lana Lane

There IS a band called Rhapsody. They are a newer band but they already have three albums. Try searching under these album names:

Symphony of Enchanted Lands
Emerald Sword
Legendary Tales

All of these bands are difficult to find (Malmsteen and Helloween somewhat easier), so you may have to get them online. Amazon.com has a lot of them.

Glad to hear someone else appreciates this kind of music.

P.S. New Metallica and new Megadeth make me want to vomit.

Hello there!

Agree with fenrir, Eifel 65 is NOT Techno by any description.

I quite like Jungle, however I can''t stand Metal.

Sorry, this post isn''t in any way helpful, I just thought I''d have my say.

George.

"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"

George. F"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"
I just say one thing.
Nobuo Uematsu! (Final Fantasy Composer)
All the FF OSVs, OSTs, special tracks,
SS, Piano Collections, mixed..

Yasunori Mitsuda is also excellent.
Hmm since we''re on metal music:
Good programming stuff:
- Down (Album''s called Nola ) Co-operation between Pantera, crowbar and Corrosion of Conformity, old but kicks butt
- Tool, any album. ( argh, when will their new stuff come out )

But really I tend to turn on NetRadio to some channel or other ( Hard Rock is good, drumnbass gets put on occasionally )

It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
I''m a real Hip-Hop fan myself (Mos Def, The Roots, Nas, Eminem), but I also like the occasionnaly Urban Dance Squad, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Junkie XL.

----------
Drago
osu!
Tool defnitely kicks ass. Their new album won''t be out for a while but Maynard''s got a side project band called A Perfect Circle that''s got a new record coming out soon. Check em out at seethrough.cjb.net

My newest favourite band is Floater. I''d say they''re up there with Pearl Jam, Tool and Rage. They''ve got some real audio and mp3s at www.floater.net

You might like System of a Down too. They''re pretty bizzarre but they''ve got a tonne of energy.

And then there''s the new breed of metal that you might like: Staind, Slipknot, Sevendust, Godsmack, Static X, Oleander, Incubus, Kittie, Chevelle, etc
Listen to the revolving jugglers. They aren''t metal or anything at all, but they are their own trip

you can check them out at

www.mp3.com/revolvingjugglers

I''d recommend Solspice Grove for your first listen, and I hear they have a new album coming out sometime in late May.

Other than that, check out Tortoise, Don Cabellero, Mix Master Mike, DJ QBert, June of 44.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement