Advertisement

Uhhhh...Help

Started by May 07, 2002 09:26 PM
4 comments, last by Seifer X 22 years, 4 months ago
I want to program games but I know nothing about it....NOTHING! Is there something that teaches like the very beginning basics of programing?
New? Start here!
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Advertisement
First, learn a language like C++ or Java, or even QBASIC. A good foundation is REQUIRED to be able to write complex software, such as games.

ICQ #: 149510932

Google - OpenGL - DirectX - Windows Guide Network - MSDN - Symantec Virus Info

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

me too!!! i know nothing about programming. i recently got a book on c++ (Practical C++ Programming) but i dont get anything in it and can''t remember all the stuff. i was wondering how everybody here learned programming. is taking a class helpful? how should i learn this?
-Go on, have some junk food. It doesn't make you fat. It just makes you poo.
The best way to learn something is to use it repeatedly. Start slowly (consol apps are programs too!) just make simple programs that use what you learned from the book.

I will not make a list of links... I will not make a list of links... I will not make a list of links...
Invader''s Realm
ok, this has been my journey to becoming a game programming guru, thus far, first i learnt c/c++, not even perfect at that i might add, but the basics are essential, like structured programming with loops and variables and stuff, and with c++ i got as far as polymorphism. Then i bought a book "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus" by Andre LaMothe, very good book, learnt alot about game programming and i used it to write my first game, a tetris clone, pretty much all you need to know to understand the book is c/c++, and after that , which is where i''m at now, i downloaded this book called "Programming Windows" by C Petzold. it teaches the windows API, thats like basic windows programming, i should have mastered this before jumping to DirectX which is waht you learn in "Tricks", what i''ve decided to do is perfect my Win API skills and then go back to "Tricks", with the knowledge i have now i can write basically any 2d game, so there! you can get the Petzold book at http://peter.eluks.com/books/Win32%20Programming/Programming%20Windows/

have fun!!!

"Jus chillin waiting for my time to shine"
#define ALEX_DENNIS
"Jus chillin waiting for my time to shine"#define ALEX_DENNIS

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement