🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3D Editors?

Started by
4 comments, last by DeShawn 24 years, 3 months ago
Are there any 3-D editors that let you pick shapes like spheres, squares, etc.? If there is one, does it have a skin editor?
Advertisement
3DSMAX will allow that, but the skin (they call it material) editing would be hard for some things (at least for me).

There are some free 3D editors on the web, but it depends on what file type you want. The Quake games have 3D model editors made for them.
Thanks. I think I might go buy it today, if it''s not too late.
I don''t think 3DSMAX is available in stores. I think the only place you can order it from is their website (ktx.com). You should know that it costs a _lot_ ($1000+). It also can be hard to use unless you go through tutorials.

Thought you should know that.
It was pretty stupid of me to jump at things. I can animate, with this free 3D animation thing, that allows me to animate 3DSMAX models. Now I will need a model maker for my game... no wonder the people at Best Buy thought I was insane... =-0
Sure there is There is a program that is called Blender It''s kinda complicated but it''s free and they have tutorials And it''s pretty darn amazing when you get used to it

http://www.blender.nl

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement