🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What's a good way to reduce monitor glare?

Started by
6 comments, last by Densun 24 years, 3 months ago
During the day time I get good natural lighting, unless it''s really sunny outside. When it''s summer time, this will happen alot for me. Also, when I use my rooms light during night time, the monitor starts kind of glaring. No, turing off the light''s won''t help; it produces another type of strain on my eyes when looking at the monitor. Does anyone know of some good lighting tips? My rooms a square with dimensions of about 10 feet by 10 feet. What about those monitor screens? Also, I''d like to know any information about "computer glasses," which would ease strain on my eyes. Yes, I also know about taking breaks.
Advertisement
Try a glare filter - they run about 15 dollars, and work pretty good.

"When people tell you to tell the truth, you know that their lying."

Sorry about that, my little sister was sitting on my lap and hit a few keys .
Here are two things I''ve learned:

Get indirect lighting. We bought a lamp that is primarily targeted upwards and reflected off the ceiling. I noticed that it didn''t really cause no glare at all.

Have lighting behind or to the side of the monitor. This way you can turn off the lights behind the monitor and still get some relief from the stress of looking at the monitor in the dark. Also this will somewhat decrease eye strain if you need to turn up the brightness of the monitor.
Indirect lighting is the way to go. The one I have is on about a 5 foot pole and points straight up. Get one that has a regular lightbulb in it though. The halogen versions get WAY too hot and do catch fire.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement