🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

clones???! a bit strong

Started by
0 comments, last by BillyNuker 24 years, 3 months ago
Have any of the most opinionated people here (Scott) actually SEEN and PLAYED the games in the Hasbro suit? I''ve seen just about most of them. Some are closer than others, and most of them are nothing like anything made, past or present. There might be some obvious inspiration there, but that''s about where it ends (except for an old tetris game that''s pretty damn close). If you look at the 3D versions of the games in the lawsuit, jeze, how can anyone say "clone". They are completely original works, improving upon past ideas for sure, but so vastly different in looks and gameplay, the word "clone" is just being tossed around here unfairly. The marketing of eGames seems to play more on the "clone" idea than the games actually do. I guess that''s where Scott is getting his bad information, by looking at the ads on eGame''s sight. Play the games Scott, before posting opinions that make you look uninformed. "Actually, we looked a lot more at Super Mario on the SNES--we studied that puppy to death, even taking dozens of pictures of its graphics to help our artists. " -Scott Miller Hmmmmm, interesting! ----------------------------- Pro Nuclear Weapons -----------------------------
-----------------------------Pro Nuclear Weapons-----------------------------
Advertisement
Hasbro it seems has a history of using litigation as a weapon to destroy smaller competition and bully small bussinesses. There is a good thread on usenet check out the forum comp.games.development.industry . Personally, I think Hasbro will find that with the advent of the interent mobolizaiton of opposition from intrested thrid parties is alot easier and eventually that will happen. Hell I''m willing to even dontate money to stop this corperate bully.

-ddn

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement