Advertisement

Projects in Visual Studio

Started by May 22, 2002 02:58 AM
2 comments, last by DirectAndy8 22 years, 3 months ago
Hi, I''ve created myself a sort of ''project template'', with all the settings that I''m going to be using to write a whole load of programs - things like all the DirectX libraries listed, with the appropriate paths to header and library files, plus a basic .cpp file containing a template WinMain and WndProc and stuff like that. I don''t want to have to rewrite all this every time I start a new project, especially including all the DirectX libraries because it''s an absolute hassle trying to remember which ones are needed. So, is there any easy way to create a new project that contains all the stuff from this project, only under a different name? The ''easy'' way of copying the folder, renaming everything to the new project name, and then fiddling with it to make sure all the names are updated, works until the fiddling bit when it appears to be impossible to actually rename the project within Visual Studio, and a few other settings appear to be unchangeable too. Surely there has to be an easy way to do this? Like, "Create a new project based on project..."? Anybody?
File->New->Projects->Custom Appwizard.

But be prepared to spend quite a bit of time updating/modifying your files and reading the help about it, because it''s not that trivial.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
Advertisement
Just looking this up myself actually.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/_core_overview_of_creating_a_custom_appwizard.asp

University is a fountain of knowledge, and students go there to drink.
Have you considered using DirectX Appwizard... It will make a decent basic framework app for you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement