Advertisement

Take a look at this site.

Started by May 24, 2002 04:26 AM
15 comments, last by Fantasy Edge 22 years, 3 months ago
As some of you may know, I have been involved in the process of creating Conshape Electronic Arts. Finally, I have been able to start peicing together a site for us and the ev0one project and perhaps you might want to look at it. this site gives an indication of my skill level at the moment so It is a good milestone to reference I think. http://ev0one.idleplay.net The radio works, but as I just formatted my pc, the music is kinda random to whenever i feel like hosting it. The site however works and is being added to daily. Note the character art and please, I want comments and suggestions. Compared to some of you, im a stark ameture dispite 5 years experience. It has only been the last 3 months that i have been arsed enough to bother. I would like to know where it came from. perhaps ev0one is JUST THAT DAMN GOOD!
A word of advise, it''s not a good idea to post a site with no content. I like the scrollish look.

----------------------------

ClownKeep
---------------------------- ClownKeep
Advertisement
The art is excellent and the site has a very unique look and feel to it, but that massive splash screen at the front is almost 200k total and is bound to turn off a lot of dial-up users before they even get into your site (it took a couple of seconds on the dual T1 I''m on). Oh, and the radio station link gives me an error.
"There is no reason good should not triumph at least as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they're organized along the lines of the mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut
Ya, the speed thing is an issue. It took about 5-6 seconds to load on a network shared T1 (I get about 950kps). On a 56k that would be unbearable (no text navigation and close to a minute before anything is visible).
The first images is definatly waaay to big, I run IE in 1024x768 and I still get scrollbars, plus the servers seems slow ( as the others said ). Also, the ''Read Full Text'' graphic is a little too large, both in filesize and fontsize, plus it''s animated, which I think is annoying, especially for a repeated image.

The art is all good though, so keep up the good work!
HA HA. shot down!

Advertisement
I have to warn you that EA may have a problem with your company name. (EA being Electronic Arts).

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions

[edited by - siaspete on May 24, 2002 4:52:11 PM]
Much better now, Fantasy Edge! Good work.
I did fix some of the more glaring issues with the site. As for the ea part of the title, the ea part is just a supporting part of the name. When we refer to ourselves it is usually conshape but the ea is just an add on.

I made the main site images smaller as well as optimized the jpg compression so that each os about 40 k a pop. this works well so no more scrolling.
I also remade the "read full text" icon so its not animated and it fits on the form better. at some point this weekend ill compose the rest of the site so the content will be more than just "hey, this is whats up"

I think the site is pretty smooth Fantasy Edge.It could have more content but then again it''s purpose is for a meeting place for your group so it does suit its purpose.Loved the art on it.Who does your artwork and is he(or she) going to do the art work for the game as well??

The road to hell is paved in good intentions
The road to hell is paved in good intentions

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement