Advertisement

The Crouches of C++

Started by May 25, 2002 04:36 PM
6 comments, last by QuantumProgrammer 22 years, 3 months ago
ok if you have read willing to teach you know what i am up to. i want to pick 1 and only 1 person. we will learn C++ together relying on each other for rescources and knowledge. then i just got an idea. why not post here the rescources and knowledge we learn. its not like ryan, we wont explain averything step by step. we will give the basics, a little backround and then the rescources where we found it. this is a quote from willing to teach of what i am looking for:
quote: Original post by LilBudyWizer byTwo heads are better than one. Don''t look at it as you will teach them what you know then they will need to find someone more knowledgable to help them. Rather look at it as you will teach them what you know and then the two of you can work on learning what neither of you know. If you find a good partner things can go a whole lot faster. Finding someone that needs your help is the easy part. Finding a good partner is the hard part. Many want a great deal, but are not willing to do very much. Either you get lucky or you go through a lot of people to find that one good partner. This is a good way to make the contacts and figure out if someone is the type of person you would want to partner with. A couple of suggestions. You may not get any responses. That isn''t because it is a dumb idea. If it doesn''t get the type of response you are looking for then try a differant presentation. Be more specific in what you offer and be more descriptive of who you are looking for. Chances are most of the type of people you are looking for are very insecure, especially on this board. You want them to say, hey, that''s me. Rather than just saying you are 11, say how long you have been doing this. Explain what your capabilities are, not your limitations. You will have jerks bash you for it, ignore them. You are not suggesting that you can help those individuals since most likely no one can. You are just providing information so that those you can help understand what help you can provide them. Also watch the posts. Look for people struggling with the type of thing you feel you can help them with. Particularly the ones that get beat up on for their questions. After being beat up on they may well never return so e-mail them if you don''t get a response to your post in their thread. Figure out what type of person you are looking for and seek them out. You are young and you have a lot of years ahead of you. If you manage to do what you are trying to do then you will most likely leave those that might bash you far behind in the dust. They will be limited by their own experience while your limits will be well beyond your own personal experience.
so if you are interested post here.
quantum kidthe guy who invented the wheel, he was an idiot.the guy who invented the other three, now he was a genious.
Hey, I''m Chubbs

Me and a few online buddies are working on a MMORPG called Mortik, almost all of us are learning C++ right now.

altho i''m not the team leader, i can say you have a pretty good chance of getting in.

it''s not really the 1 on 1 deal you were talking about, but more people could work better, no?

our URL is www.mortik.com (we just got a webmaster, who hasn''t had the chance to do anything yet, sorry bout the lame page)

BTW. I don''t think any of us are over 18

if you have MSNMessenger, PM me. Ps_kendrick@hotmail.com
if not, then E-mail me at ps_kendrick@yahoo.com
Advertisement
I have a couple of things to say. First of all did you get that i am only 11. i think i am capable, just that most people offer me jobs and then turn me down again when i remind tham that i am 11.
second. i dont know Html or anything. i am going to take a course a game institute for C++. 6 actualy. by the 5 i think i will know network programming. if you are willing to help me learn then im go.
thanks for the proposal.

quantum kid

[edited by - Quantumprogrammer on May 26, 2002 11:20:37 PM]
quantum kidthe guy who invented the wheel, he was an idiot.the guy who invented the other three, now he was a genious.
Good luck writing a MMORPG while learning C++ and none of you being over 18
i am interested

mail : joery123@hotmail.com
I''m not being a jerk, I am simply offering advice as I have seen many in the same situation. Nearly everyone who starts up lately wants to write a MMORPG with little to no experience in c++. It may not sound as exciting, but start with little tetris clones, some breakout etc. Then maybe make a little 2d rpg and if you make it that far think a lot about whether you have the time, commitment, and experience to make a mmorpg. It is not even 1/16th as easy as you prolly think it to be. I realize you are going to give me the "i learn faster than most, i am entirely committed to this project, and how hard could it be? - i am willing to try my hardest" line. But really think about this...it is so much more terribly difficult and time consuming even for the most experienced.

Just my 2.66666666666666666667 cents.

-------------------------
Every servant has his place, no matter lowly or modest. To know it is his greatest comfort, to excel within his greatest solace, and his master''s contentment is his greatest reward.
-
Serve Microsoft today, tomorrow you may be dead.
Advertisement
Kordova is right.. you guys should take a look at the network forum on this site.. they have discussed the issue many times.. and even if you could create the code.. with I seriously doubt.. how would run it? MMORPGS requires a really CAPABLE server.. but good luck :-)

Have any of you even written a line of code dealing with sockets?
Most of our team are people who have previusly worked for the game ''PlaneShift'' www.planeshift.it . We know the antics of creating a game, we''ve gone through it b4, and ARE doing smaller projects first, Quantum, we are seriously going to hire you, none of that ''sure we hire you! and never contact you again junk! I''ll email you and contact you, and I''m sure you''ll enjoy working with us.

can you Email me at whitti@mortik.com , I''ll hire you

Director of MonoQuest International,

whitti (a.k.a Tom Whittaker)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement