Advertisement

3D Modlers, I have a question

Started by May 26, 2002 01:12 PM
6 comments, last by sakky 22 years, 3 months ago
I want to make some cool looking space ships! I don''t have money for and good 3D CAD tho. I have 3, 3D CADs but there all crappy.
  • DATA BECKER 3D CAD
  • Expert CAD 3D
  • Cosmi 3D CAD Studio
  • Thats there names and they all seem pretty worthless. Weel, campaired to any thang towards Game art. They can''t do shit. I want a cool looking space ship. I can make textures for it, because thats what I want to do. I need someone with a good 3D CAD, like Bryce, LightWave or 3DS, to modle a space ship and apply the textures I''v made for it. Then export the picture to a BMP or what ever. Nothing above 24 bit, because my computer is old and can only do 24. I can make good textures with PhotoShop. I just don''t know how to create a space ship in it. Besides, if its modled in 3D it always looks better. So can some one help me? I''ll make all the textures you need for it. I don''t realy have a design yet, but a few ideas. Just something real simple, not a completely detailed U.S.S Enterprise. Just a simple little shapce ship with a few enemy ones to. Like I said I''ll make the textures for them, plus any other you might want. I just need some one with good a 3D CAD and knows how to use it?
    Take back the internet with the most awsome browser around, FireFox
    i think a lot of guys would say milkshape is a good alternative........
    -It's got to be more than a memory, or is life just a fantasy and a piss in the sand?
    Advertisement
    I would have to agree with Snowfly. Milkshape 3D is good alternative here is the link

Milkshape

[edited by - PaulJ on May 27, 2002 10:15:53 PM]
    Is there any little 3D sprite modlers like that else were? Like somthing like Genesis. I just want to make a little 3D ship and take 2D pictures of it. The ship I want is pretty basic. A real low count of polygons. But I would need some sort of CAD that can do deforms and stuff like Lightwave and 3DS.
    Try out OpenFX. It''s totally free and totally awesome. You can get it at www.openfx.org.

I''ve build all the graphics for my current game in OpenFX and am very pleased with the results. You can see some of the work I have been doing with it at www.borngamer.com/bgslots/slots.htm.

I''ve been using it for about 3 weeks now. The only noticable bug I have found is sometimes the mouse pointer vanishes when selecting an object. Annoying, but it doesn''t stop you from working.

borngamer
    I''d recommend Blender. Very powerful and free. Though if you''re more interested in doing textures then models you might not want to take the time to learn Blender. You can find it and info about it at www.elysiun.com
    Advertisement
    Well, thanks for all the input. I would like more, so maybe I could put all these links in a web site for other people to research.

What I want to do is make a 2D space shit the looks 3D. The best way I know how to do this is make the 3D modle of the space ship then snap a picture of it for 2D.

These space ships are for my Galaxian clone. This game I''v been saying I was going to make a hundred times is finaly coming together. Mainly becauseI actually picked the project back up and worked on it. Besides having wonderfull VC to guid me through the way. Its nice being able to actually use APIs.

Any ways, I don''t know hwo to make a 3D pic from my modle with OpenFX. Witch OpenFX is pretty bad-ass. Its sort of like MilkShape. But if I were to buy software; I want the damn box it comes and and a document describing the software. Not just a pay on line or mail in for a stupid register number. I would like to have the complete software package of MilkShape if they made one. All in all, MilkShape is pretty bad ass and i was realy esy to learn. I hope the more software like the comes out for people that can''t afford much like me Oh, how do I get textures that I''v made with PhotoShop to port into MilkShape or OpenFX?

I would like to show you guys my space ships, but there in MFX file format. So if you have a viewer for MFX, then I''ll send them to you.

More post of free Graphics editors please, proferebly 3D ones. Because they make every one look like pro.
    This isn't a very good picture, but hey.

Thats the ship I was talking about. Those big guns I just made and they took me about 1 hour. I wanted to see what they would look like on a object, so there 'I' go. I wanted the big gun look but I think those are too big. But they look bad ass, don't they?
    -------------
    WARNING!!!
    You may have to refresh this page or click the edit button to see the picture! I don't know why.

[edited by - Sakky on May 30, 2002 6:59:50 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement