Advertisement

I want another newbie to work with

Started by May 30, 2002 03:40 PM
6 comments, last by jnew 22 years, 3 months ago
Hi. I'm new to C++, and I was wondering if there's anyone else sorta new that I could work together with and learn C++ with. [edited by - jnew on May 30, 2002 5:08:20 PM]
Two newbies working together alone will simply end up teaching each other bad habits. Programming is very much an individual activity (extreme programming be damned), so you better leanr to work (and learn) on your own. If you have questions about things you don''t understand, that''s what sites like this one (and there are tons of them) are for.
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Oluseyi
Two newbies working together <em>alone</em> will simply end up teaching each other bad habits. Programming is very much an individual activity

C''mon, give the guy some credit here. How do you know they''ll end up having bad habits? Besides, programmers work in teams in the real world, and in college courses, students frequently have team projects.

AP: alone is the key word. If he understands what he''s doing, he doesn''t need another person to help him. If he doesn''t, then bad advice he can get from a person who doesn''t know a whole lot is worse than no advice at all, and much worse than good advice he can get from these boards.
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
I get what you''re saying, but I still think it would be OK to have a partner to discuss approaches to programming problems, etc. Obviously, they would still have the use of this board.
That''s exactly what Oluseyi was saying, isn''t it?
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
Advertisement
Actually, I thought he was saying to NOT have a partner, and just use the board. I''m saying he can have a partner if he wants, and still use the board. You can disagree, and that''s fine, I just wanted to voice my opinion.
It''s amazing how many times this EXACT same topic has shown up just in the last week. Anyone else notice this?

/*=========================================*/
/* Chem0sh */
/* Lead Software Engineer & Tech Support */
/* http://www.eFaces.biz */
/*=========================================*/
/*=========================================// Chem0sh// Lead Software Engineer & Tech Support// http://www.eFaces.biz=========================================*/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement