🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Please help..

Started by
2 comments, last by HellRiZZer 22 years ago
Please, the only thing I need is how to find a cost of getting from one node to another. http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=98287 " Do we need us? "

Ionware Productions - Games and Game Tools Development

Advertisement
I''ve not implemented Dijkstra, but I''d guess it''s totally application specific.

Generally it would be the distance between the two nodes in your level, or if your terrain is sloped, the distance scaled by the "difficulty" of the slope.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
quote: Original post by HellRiZZer
Please, the only thing I need is how to find a cost of getting from one node to another.

The path cost in a search tree (graph structure) is the cost to traverse the arc in that graph. Since the graph represents a domain then the arc cost must be associated with a resource cost in the domain. What domain are you implementing Dijkstra''s for?

Timkin
Didn''t I answer this question in your other thread?

Mike

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement