Advertisement

Simple 3D modeler, maybe a PSP plugin?

Started by June 06, 2002 07:00 PM
0 comments, last by The_Lantern 22 years, 3 months ago
I am working on a 2d sidscroller action game, and am now working on the main character''s moves. As I assed the situation, I saw that he is going to have 40 moves; with an average of 12 frames each. I am now doing them with Paint Shop Pro, and it is going to take a vveerryy long time. Even more so if the guys want a change. What I want to know is this. Where can I get a simple 3D modler. I just want somthing I can model and pose my figures, and then take a screen shot. Being able to texture them would be nice, but not nessessary as just having the bones and body in place will be a big help. It would be a great plus if it is free, as well as small. The game buget is about as big as the pixel between these two lines - . NONE! Any help would be nice, tell me if you need more info or it I was incoherint. Keep Shining Ultimate Power Leads To Ultimate Corruption (I can''''t remember who said that)
Keep ShiningUltimate Power Leads To Ultimate Corruptionhttp://soldat.ionichost.com
search for blender, its free yet quite powerful. pretty easy to use as modellers go (though you will notice that there are many options, see tutorials on the net for help as well as the docs).

first off. get the final character design done, then deal with animations and such. if your team decides a change, tell them it was finalized already. also, 40 moves may be too many (i never seen any sidescrolling action that required such complexity)., try to lessen that number or use frames from other animations to help create the "move". an avg of 12 frames per move seems like a lot. maybe you should consider decreasing this. maybe you need someone else to help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement