🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The Sims are Destroying my Life!

Started by
10 comments, last by borngamer 24 years, 3 months ago
Any of you out there who has played the Sims knows exactly what I mean. The Sims has to be one of the most addicting games I have played in years. For the past week I have deprived myself of many hours of sleep (which is making it really difficult to make it through a day of work). I have found that I spend many hours making my Sim eat, go to the washroom, and sleep as needed while at the same time back in the real world I am hungry, need to pee, and can hardly see the screen due to lack of sleep. It''s just a matter of time before my wife goes nuts. So, what is this message all about you ask? Well, it''s simple, whatever you do, do not load the Sims onto your PC. If you do, you may never do anything productive at home again.
Advertisement
Wife going nuts? I just got my girlfriend the game, and she''s been spending all her time on it. It''s kind of cute, she made a sim after herself and one for me and got them to move in together. Of course I haven''t seen her much lately, so *I''m* going nuts.
My opinion is just about the opposites. I''ve played the game since I bought it, but haven''t played it since! I Thought it was terribly boring! Making them eat, go to bed, wait 10 hours for them to come home from work- over and over and over again.. it was terrible. Should I build upon my family, and get further into the game? Because, well... maybe I''m missing something that I''m simply not at yet. What do you think?

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
The most addicting part of the game is not the mundane stuff such as eating, sleeping, working, etc. The cool things that I like so far are:
1. Trying to pick up married women (I''m working at 2 of them and a single one right now).
2. Building up my skills enough to get promotions. In one day I got promoted 3 times and my Sim basically had to do 3 shifts in a row with only 2 hours between (he was so tired when he got home he collapsed on the floor while flirting with one of the married women).
3. You can make some neat rooms.
4. It''s fun to torture your Sim by taking away the things he needs. He will pout and whine like nobody''s business.

There is a lot more you can do. The best examples of the weird stuff people have done to their Sims can be found on www.thesims.com.
i must agree that the sims is simply the best game ever, and i just love the way that they have so many things to do on their website, i am totally addicted to that game, and now i spend nearly the whole time i am using my pc either playing it, or doing stuff on their website. i do agree that it gets a bit repetative, but then so do most games. the thing that keeps me going is that whenever i''m using the chat feature of thesims.com i always want to try out some of the neat stuff other people have done, and try to prove to myself that i''m better at the game than everyone else (which i''m not).
i agree the game is addicting. however, after a while it does get rather boring, as did all of the sim games. i played for days, then haven''t played since.

the only game i can say i really enjoy still after so long is goldeneye for nintendo 64.

crazy166

some people think i'm crazy, some people know it
Gee... and I think that Goldeneye is ugly and boring game

Well... I have Sims too, and it''s pretty darn cool ! I played the game about four days, and then got another game, and I stopped playing sims, but I think that right after I have finished Freespace 2, I will start playing Sims again.

BTW, I personally think that Freespace 2 is one of the best games for a long time. It''s allmost bugfree (found one bug, patch fixed it), it''s long, it has really cool plot (REALLY REALLY COOL), and more important, it feels like old-school commercial game ! Can you remember what it was five years ago when you went to game shop and bought a game ? You got box with full of REAL STUFF, and it had nice manual, nice everything, and it felt like game that doesn''t miss anything (for me this game was Betrayl At Krondor). Well, that is what I feel about Freespace 2.

Actually, can you say any other game that caused this feeling for a long time ? When I bought Half Life, it felt little sloppy. The game wasn''t bug free AT ALL, it had strange feel like "I can walk trough that wall anytime", even after it wasn''t possible... same with all other this generation shooters, but I''m not saying that Half Life is bad game ! I''m just trying to state that it didn''t feel 100% commercial and perfect

The sims is a rediculously stupid game. Not only does it now simulate real life, but the premises and game flow is just retarded, im not sure why some people are addicted.

Because it''s unique ? Yes
Because it''s fun ? Yes
Because it''s cool ? YEAH !

hey paladin, do you go on chat at the sims site?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement