Advertisement

Whoever might be MPEG savvy...

Started by June 17, 2002 06:24 AM
4 comments, last by Orbotrox 22 years, 2 months ago
I am trying to put together a totally digital cartoon movie (640 x 320), but when I save just about a minute and a half as an AVI file, it comes out to be like 20 megs! The entire movie will end up being 20 - 30 minutes and I want it to fit on a single 80mb CD. I was wondering, what kind of MPEG encoding packages are out there? Also I need to be able to put it with a soundtrack. Thanks in advance!
"Ha! Friggin mos!"
In the title you''re mentionning MPEG, yet in the post you''re talking about AVI files.

Anyway, you might want to have a look at DivX
Advertisement
Right... I mention MPEG because my AVI Files are too big! I need a way to turn them into MPEG files instead. Thanks for the link.

"Ha! Friggin mos!"
"Ha! Friggin mos!"
Go to www.radgametools.com and download Bink.
They try to market it toward game development, but it''s great for video compression.
Hell, it''s the only way I can keep my animations managable because of the size of those darn avi files

Oh yeah, you can also save them as .exe files so that if you distribute your videos, it doesn''t matter what kind of player people have on their PCs. Just click and view.
quote: Original post by Orbotrox
Right... I mention MPEG because my AVI Files are too big! I need a way to turn them into MPEG files instead. Thanks for the link.

"Ha! Friggin mos!"

For the same quality MPEG is larger than an AVI encoded with a cutting edge codec like DivX. MPEG1 was created for use on pre-pentium computers, MPEG2 was created for DVDs (which are around 40mb/minute). DivX does the same quality as MPEG2 using 30%-50% less space.
Thanks all for the info! Will look into it!

"Ha! Friggin mos!"
"Ha! Friggin mos!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement