🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I'm Done! Yes!

Started by
40 comments, last by Tiso 24 years ago
Man, I can''t blieve some of you guys, you try to act mature by saying, "Oh, i''m in this and that and I''m so great", just shut up, like someone one said," If you don''t have anything nice to say don''t say anything". So what if it is simple, everyone has to start somewhere and some go slower at it so you just need to SHUT UP, and say good job, maybe give a few helpful pointers. Bye the way I''m new to this WB, are most of you I''ll programers because, I''m not. I''m really into doing game graphics and what such.
Advertisement
Good first program.

A few bugs i found is that your side finder doesnt work on "plain old triangel" mode

i entered 2 for base 3 for height and it spit out 3 for hypotneuase. It seems to always spit out the height for the hyp. the theorm for that is a(2) + b(2) = c(2) if you accidentaly messed that up. the (2) means squared.
also the area finder keeps giving me an area of 0.

your 45/45 triange gives be a base and height of 0 if i enter the hyp, same if i enter the base/height.

and your function for the 30/60/90 triangle is funny when i enter a base of 2 it says the base is 6584148 and the other 2 are 0.

the area of the circles always seems toi be 0. formula = r * r * pi

thats all the bugs i see at the moment. Please dont be offended by this list, most of the bugs are probally stuff like mistyping a variable or forgeting a sign in your math code.

keep working this could be a great tool for pre-alg people.
Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.
About those bugs. Did you back space the letter that sometimes appear on the line where you enter a number? That seems to throw off the equation sometimes.

About the "Plain old triangle," I''ve double checked the equation and everything seems to be in order, I even tried it myself, and I got 3 just like you did. What should the answer be? That could help me in determining the problem.

The 30/60/90 thing, I think it''s because you didn''t backspace the letter on the line. I''m not entirely sure, but thay could be it.

As for the others, I have no idea!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
About everyone who is defending me, thank you, but it''s okay really. If he wants to flame me, let him, I''m used to it. I deal with people like that everyday, sadly. *rolls eyes*

I thank everyone again who stuck up for me, it''s nice to know that we''re all still a part of the human race.

Guardian Angel Interactive
well buddy, I just want to say congratulations, because you have done what some people may never do, you finished a project. That commands respect, heck, I can''t wait to do the same thing months down the line with my own project (just kidding, not months, more like a year from now.) You say encouragement gives you the will to keep on going, well people like you, with finished projects and gleefull looks (ok ok, I can''t really see you, but I''m sure you''re happy ) makes me want to go on and finish my own, and to put myself in your shoes. Thanks for the inspiration, and don''t let anyone bring you down dude.
The plain old triangle:
the answere for the hyp should be 4
Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.
Hi!

I just wanted to say that (I think someone did that already before...) you really should keep these functions, I''m sure they''ll be useful to you in the future! (Why should you code the same algorithm twice?) ...Programmers are lazy!

Just go on like that! You''re on the best way to get a very good programmer! And continue playing Soccer! I know some people at GameDev who sit in front of the computer as long as possible and nearly NEVER talk to anyone...where''s the life, comrades?
Whenever I meet such a guy, I feel ashamed that I EVER wanted to get a programmer! That''s no life, if you ask me...everybody needs friends, and everybody should have fun! Ok, I''ll stop now, because that was not the point...

Yours,

Indeterminatus

--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses...
Indeterminatus--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses--
quote: Original post by Julio

not to brag or to put you down or anything, but I made pong and space invaders when I was 13. (I started programming when I was 13). This was all in mode13h with DJGPP. This isn''t to put you down, but just to tell you that age doesn''t matter that much.

hmmm....... 13h is a piece of cake, you know..
quote: Original post by Julio

not to brag or to put you down or anything, but I made pong and space invaders when I was 13. (I started programming when I was 13). This was all in mode13h with DJGPP. This isn''t to put you down, but just to tell you that age doesn''t matter that much.

hmmm....... 13h is a piece of cake, you know..
compfanatic: There was no reason to make such a remark. I''ve seen some of your questions and posts here, and most of them were pretty "juvenile" as well. I don''t care if you''re 2 years old and can program half-life by yourself, you don''t put someone else down for what they''ve done. I''m not saying that I''m a good programmer...heck I can program some games and do some 3d but I''m not the greatest programmer I can be, and until I reach that point (and I won''t) you won''t see me make fun of someone else''s hard work. It was probably Tiso''s greatest programming milestone. Well, I congratulate you Tiso! Keep going, man!

AND AGE DOESN''T MATTER!

moderator: Please close this post as I don''t think much is coming out of it except posts like mine.

Martin
______________Martin EstevaolpSoftware
Why would he have to be in advanced math??????????, The math Im in at school it terribly easy comapared to the math I work on in my projects, makes school much easier

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement