🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Hover -- playable 3D racing demo

Started by
66 comments, last by Eric 23 years, 10 months ago
Damn thing''s taking ages to download. The screenshots look good.

------------------------------
#pragma twice
Advertisement
i cant get it to work, it says could not create the Direct3DDevice object. This sample will now exit.
i got a voodoo3 p500, dx7a. how can i make it work with the voodoo3?
Great Work!!!! The game is looking pretty sweet.
I got 80-110 fps on my PII 400,geforce2(32MB), 128MB of RAM.
Keep up the good work.
==============================================I feel like a kid in some kind of store... ============================================== www.thejpsystem.com
The screenshots look pretty damn good. I have to wait until I get home to play it though. Stupid machines here at work all have NT4 on them.
1) ~85-125 fps on PIII-800MHz + ELSA GLoriaII-64 (Quadro).
2) I see the shadows.
Mihkael, I think, for the controls, I''m going to have a "novice" option in which the AI will handle the pitch and roll for your craft (like it does for the computer opponents), so all you''ll have to do is hit the gas and turn left/right.

furby100, hehe, sorry, my server gets a little bogged down during peak hours.

TG, the code to create the D3D device is straight from the SDK samples, except I changed it so that, if your HAL device doesn''t make the enumeration "cut", you just get an error, instead of dropping to the RGB device (which could never run the game anyway). I would have thought a VooDoo3 device could pass all my enumeration reqs, though, so I will look into that.

Thanks again for everyone''s help thus far

I get 41-45 FPS, 640x480x16 full screen.

I do see shadows.

I was able to go through 2 laps before my eyes began to bug out on me. My time for 2 laps was 5m12s.

Video Card: Hercules Savage4 32Mb -> Latest Savage4 drivers.

Alek
Doesn''t run on my P200+Vaudoo2. It says i do not have enough video memory, though i have 8 Mb. Isn''t it enough to run your game ? Also, isn''t there a way to select the device BEFORE entering the game ? Because you see, i can only change the device when there is already a device successfully initialized (!).. that''s not what you want to do, do you ?

Y.
Oh my god! That's a great game! I get around 70-80 FPS (vsync off) and I see the shadows.

• Pentium III 800 MHz.
  • 128 mB ram.
  • ATI Rage Fury Pro with 32 mB VRAM.

There were some glitches in the graphics though. When there were many hovercrafts on the screen black triangles would pop up.

I also think it's too hard to find your way around the level

Edited by - Muzzafarath on August 9, 2000 8:28:25 AM
  • I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
    Great, 40-50 FPS

K6 500Mhz
    Voodoo3 3000
    64meg RAM

One question though, how did you handle the car/car collisions response, not the actual collision detection, but the response.

Thx

----------------
    Freeride Designs
    ----------------
    ----------------
    Black Edge Games
    ----------------

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement