Advertisement

SDL API Tutorials

Started by August 24, 2004 11:17 PM
32 comments, last by JoHnOnIzEr 19 years, 10 months ago
My Website This is an advanced look at a tutorial series I am working on along with aleclair. I know there are alot of spelling mistakes, but if you can get around those, and the lack of site design, I think you will find these tutorials informational and educational. There will be more tutorials comming as soon as I can write them. Feedback is welcome. For expert coders: If you find any technical errors, let me know so I can fix them. Most of the example source has been compiled and tested. But there is always a bug somewhere. For people learning SDL: How easy are the tutorials to understand? Did you learn what you needed to? The biggest difference from other tutorials on SDL, is that this set focuses strictly on the API and not on game design techniques. I see this as being both a blessing and a curse. Good night, it's late for me. I'm going to bed.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
I can honistly say, I like your tutorials better then any other tutorial out there. I actuially have a somewhat game running now, thanks to your stuff. Keep up the good work, and spellcheck so I dont do it for you, lol.
Mark St. Jean - OwnerWastedInkVwmaggotwV@Yahoo.com
Advertisement
Thanks! And yes, somebody is going to manualy spell check them for me.

Mine really helped you on your game? PM me with more details.
Nice tutorials. Helped me get a better grasp on color keying. Good work!
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.--"You missed, suckah!" The Lost Boys
thank you for your replies, anybody else?
hey there. i just quickly skimmed through the tutorials and i must say this is exactly what ive been looking for in relation to the SDL api! Thanks a lot, this will come in very useful. Keep up the good work guys
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
hey there. i just quickly skimmed through the tutorials and i must say this is exactly what ive been looking for in relation to the SDL api! Thanks a lot, this will come in very useful. Keep up the good work guys

Thank you anonymous poster, whoever you may be...
Looks good, keep up with those great tutorials.
This is the perfect starting point for my first real game. I never understood most SDL because they explained it like you should know what your using, also alot better then the main site, helps alot! I cant wait till the next tutorials are up.
Mark St. Jean - OwnerWastedInkVwmaggotwV@Yahoo.com
The tutorials are amazing. Maybe you could ask SDL to link to it?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement