Advertisement

C++ Workshop - Introduction

Started by May 14, 2006 01:11 PM
261 comments, last by Melvin18 15 years, 2 months ago
Thanks for initiating something so great :)

I'm really new, so I can't contribute much to the language/book debate. But I'm sure no matter what you finally decide on, we'll still gain loads compared to us struggling alone.
sign me up :)

the first of July would be more convenient for me (exams, you know). Hope I'll be able to catch up after a month...
Advertisement
In need of any more tutors?

Dave
I would love to be a student.

However i have a problem, that is that i am 14 years old, and i live in australia. this makes buying us books (or books on us sites, using us dollars) difficult to get.

I know that you have said that a free book wont be used, but if we were to use teach yourself c++ in 21 days, not only is it good in many repects, but if we have a wealth of mods and tutors, then the would certainly enrich any content in the book, not only that but if we could post it on out forum then we could add to it and make revised versions, meaning that anything that anyone beleived should be in there, could be added and we would create a more complete book, meaning that all requirements are free, and we have lots of original content.

i would also like to comment on the structure of teh forum.
if we were to use a book (free or not) with chapters then the forum could be set out as so;

-Forum catagorie thing
-chapter one
post 1
post 2
-chapter two
post 1
and so on.

this means that anyone that is a late joiner can re-read over what we have already said and can post a new toping in the sub-forums and they cna still get a reply, thus all the chapters are alive at once, this means that you can progress at your own speed and mods can be alocated to each subforum.
this means that everyone will be happy

it would also be nice (as i use fedora) to have a linux compiler that is supported.
_____________________________im not 1337 enought to have a cool sig
I like this idea. I'll be interested in seeing how it progresses.
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
Sign me up too please sounds like fun
Mordt: I'm just a beginner C++ programmer so take my advice with a grain of salt.Krayven Entertainment
Advertisement
Sign me up as a student too [wink]

vrok137@yahoo.com
i am in too!!

The editors of the book that get's chosen will be very satisfied if there are this much participants :)

maybe JWalsh is getting paid by THEM!!! *shock*

No seriously, this is a really good idea, I'm looking forward to it :)
Sounds good, id like to join in :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement