🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

01.04 - News

Started by
35 comments, last by Teej 20 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I''m drunk.

I''m pretty sure that the Toronto Maple Leafs lost tonite (I didn''t watch the last 6 minutes, but it was ummm 5-1 NJ at that time), so I''ve convinced myself that drinking all of the beer in the house would somehow ease the pain.

So, even if I could push an article out of my soggy brain tonight, it would be mixed with hockey analogies and how an entity can waste a whole year training for something that they''re just gonna choke on in the end.

(I really want to type swear words here)

Luckily for all of us, game development is my second-favorite pasttime, and hockey won''t be bothering me for a long time, so expect renewed determination tomorrow.

Oh, and I''ve plugged the forum in a few places in the GameDev forums, so perhaps we''ll get some more hapless ''victims'' in the days to come.

Hey, thanks for sticking it out with me -- I''ll make it worth our while! Just have a little patience while I pound out the groundwork. Real game development follows close behind!

Teej
BURP
Advertisement
Hello again,

Good news, bad news time folks.

Good news: I''ll be putting 5-7 new articles up over the weekend, including some actual game development material (what many of you have been waiting for...)

Bad news: I''m told that my home internet connection will be down for a couple of days. I can still prepare the material, but I won''t be able to upload it, nor will I be able to participate with feedback from topic replies. So, the worst-case scenario is that I can''t update the forum until Monday morning. If my internect connections kicks back in over the weekend though, they''ll be up earlier.

In any event, I''m looking forward to all of the free time I''ll have over the weekend to work on the forum material ,as I''m sure you''re all looking forward to getting in some practical game development practice.

See you on Monday,

Teej

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay with the next set of articles -- I''ve been under the weather and didn''t get to work. I''m feeling better now, and will upload the new material as soon as I get some free time.

Teej

Hi,

It''s been a while, and what can I tell you? My life is out of balance, and everytime I try to reserve time for the forum it gets yanked out from under me.

There are three more articles up after almost two weeks (disgraceful I know); two in series #4 and one in Selected C Topics.

I''m not going to make things any worse by promising more at a specific time, ''cause I think I end up jinxing myself, but I can tell you that there''s some great sprite material coming.

Perhaps by the end of the week I''ll be able to make up for some lost time...

Teej
Hi, just a couple of quick notes:

First, I''ve made a change to BaseCode2 as of June 1/2001, so if you have an older version please grab the update on my webpage.

Also, I''ve finally figured out a way for the code samples in the articles to come out larger... All new articles will obviousely be improved, and I''ll try to go over the existing material and make updates as well.

Animation, Game State and Internal Data articles are on their way...

Teej

There''s a new article up, 04.08 - Animation Anticipation, and there''s some new goodies on my webpage.

While you''re trying your hand at sprite animation, I''ll be getting the next articles ready...

Teej
It''s time to play Good News / Bad News again...

Bad News: I''m going out of town for the weekend (to a funeral) and won''t be able to update the forum for the next few days...

Good News: I''ll be taking an entire week off (perhaps in two weeks'' time) from work, so I''ll have plenty of time to devote to adding lots of articles to the site!

Keep playing around with pixels/images... "I''ll be back"

Teej
Okay everyone, next week (June 18th to June 22nd) I''ve taken off of work, which means I have an entire week to devote to site updates.

What this means is that there won''t be anything by way of updates before then (well, perhaps one or two), but you can look forward to a mountain of new material next week.

I don''t have internet access at home currently, but I''ll try and find a way to get articles online throughout the next week. That also means that I might not be able to moderate very often for the next week or so.

Basically, I''m going to devote the rest of this week to getting my other work completed, and then I''ll be able to turn my full attention to this tutorial forum.

I''d like to thank everyone for participating thus far; it''s you I''ll be thinking of when I ''donate'' my week of vacation to the cause...

Teej
Hi folks,

I''m back from vacation, and I''ve got all sorts of new material to upload, but you''ll have to wait a litter longer as my employer also has things for me to do since I''ve been gone. As well, I''ve got mountains of your emails to go through, so there''s going to be some catching-up to do...

Also, I''ve been told (and confirmed) that my dumb little webpage isn''t working. Figures. I''ll get a new one up and running today and will post the new link soon.

Teej

Okay, I''ve created a new website for the forum resources. Changing the links in all of those articles is going to suck.

http://www.angelfire.com/home/gamedev

Busy busy busy...

Teej

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement