Advertisement

Recent works?

Started by November 26, 2008 11:38 AM
35 comments, last by Chasteleth 15 years, 1 month ago
So wait, let me get this, you wish to hear what other people have been working on, yet you cannot share any of your recent blots? The nerve some people have...
Quote: Originally posted by Music Composer
So wait, let me get this, you wish to hear what other people have been working on, yet you cannot share any of your recent blots? The nerve some people have...

Is this directed toward me? Excuse me, but perhaps you haven't heard of an NDA and what legal implications one can get in if they break the terms of an NDA. My recent works are all under NDA so I cannot legally (regardless if I want to or not) share them with the public until the project is made public. Breaking an NDA early to could result in legal problems for me, plus it isn't very professional.

Quote: Originally posted by nsmadsen
Due to NDA reasons, I cannot share what I've been working on recently but I will when it is made public.

Have a great Thanksgiving for those that celebrate it!

I said this in the first post explaining why I wasn't sharing my recent works, but I guessed you missed that part.

[Edited by - nsmadsen on December 6, 2008 8:06:31 PM]

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Advertisement
Sounding good Chasteleth, one thing that you'll want to keep in mind is your compositional shape and your spatial instrumentation. You have at your fingertips a virtual stage on which to project your expression, use it, use the whole stage and make it mean something.

Keep up the good work!
- [email=dan@musicianeer.com]Dan Reynolds[/email] (Composer|Music Implementer)
www.musicianeer.com
Chasteleth: I agree with Danthr's comments. I also liked the mood that you've built in this piece. The piano is a really nice touch against the pads. I do feel like this piece could be expanded a bit more, add some percussion and some bass then starting elaborating on the musical stage you've started.

Thanks for sharing!

Nathan

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Thanks for the feedback, I'ved added some percussion which I think fits nicely.
Matthew Chastney - Composer & Sound Designer
I just finished up the music for a game that's in production by a small development 'studio' at my University (CSU Chico) titled "High Noon", which is a full conversion UT3 mod. It's just your basic shooter, but with a really interesting steampunk-western cartoony aesthetic to it.

This is the music for the finale of the showdown with the dastardly Boz Novak (concept art if you're interested). It's completely over the top and tongue-in-cheek, which made it quite a lot of fun to do.

http://hontosmusic.net/music/highnoon/12%20Novak%20Battle%20-%20Final%20Stage.mp3
Advertisement
Hah, it's like JRPG mates with silent movie soundtracks.

Very interesting, very busy, and I'm very curious to see what the finished level/scene is going to be like.
- [email=dan@musicianeer.com]Dan Reynolds[/email] (Composer|Music Implementer)
www.musicianeer.com
Here's the stuff I've put out:

http://www.last.fm/music/Monthigos/+albums

The most recent stuff is in the MMT album. Twenty-9 is an album I put together earlier this year, and the Eaorin Soundtrack is music for a game I want to make someday. All of it is Electronica except the one track in Eaorin album, which is Orchestra-esque. I have a ton more projects on my computer.

I've always been hesitant to share my stuff as I know I'm not that good, but what the hell.
- m o n t h i g o s -
JonahSM1: Wow that was a FUN piece! I agree with Dan, it is very busy but this could work very well in a hectic shooter level. I love the personality you put in this piece. A unique fusion of omm-pah, saloon piano, 60's like organ (at one section) and Danny Elfman on crack. When you have a video of the level, can you share it? I think this would help fully demonstrate how this piece works in.

Thanks for sharing!

Nathan

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Unfortunately, I don't currently have access to a video of the level, but the alpha release is in just over a week, so I could definitely have one then.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement