🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What are you working on?

Started by
102 comments, last by Shehabuhj 6 years, 5 months ago
Advertisement

Just a quick moderation note that it is not appropriate to try to solicit work with the businesses mentioned in this topic here in the topic.

People are here to share a bit of what they're working on, and to comment on each other's work: unless they specifically mention looking for help this is not the time and place to try to get a job.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Posted earlier in this thread and I have finished it now.

Steam controller mod for quake2. Decoupled gyro aiming.

So yea, I'm working on my game NEO Impossible Bosses, a RaidBoss Rush MOBA.

Here's a link to the website, devlog, and do give a follow on Twitter [twitter]x0to1[/twitter] for updates.

bXVLkkw.gif

But this post isn't quite complete without something worth discussing eh? So /brag, one of my technical achievements was to build a navmesh similar to how Starcraft2's navmesh works. I also managed to make use of it to do a gameplay thing I call Land Reclamation, in which you can 'reclaim' land on walkable areas, and then build obstacles on it. And it works with all the pathfinding being ok with it. Maybe if I have time I'll do a blog post on it (I'm expecting several).

Stellar Sprites (Unity Toolkit) - screenshots and video demos on product page

It is a 2D space sprite generator through various Perlin/Multifractal noise methods. I am currently working on a major update that will also include the full source. I should be releasing it sometime before the end of march.
Asteroids
Backgrounds
Blackholes
Moons
Nebula
Planets
Ships
Space Stations
Starfields
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:8320]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:8321]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:8323]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:8322]
Scott

I'm working on a project called Spell Knights, using Blender to model the characters first:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/kenneth-eng/spell-knights/ebook/product-23068242.html

Dude, everyone in here is working on some really cool shit! I thoroughly enjoy seeing all you guys' hard work and long hours of practicing/studying coming to fruition. You guys are doing things most kids dream about. It's awesome!

Anyway, I don't have any pictures to show or anything, but I recently decided to revisit an idea for an RPG I came up with almost 10 years ago. I'm fleshing out the story (fixing plot holes and things that just don't make sense) while also working on fleshing out an idea for a card game that I'd like implemented in the game as well.
Currently working on a game engine, for fun. Don't have much to show, since most of the work has been behind the scenes framework-type stuff. Incidentally, much of the time I would write something the first way that comes to mind, then it would not work very well, and after several reimplementations I end up with the way the thing I was making is done in Unity, or in some big-name existing library for the same purpose. Funny how that works out.

I've been looking for a way to make models for my game, but didn't want to shell out the cash for Maya or 3Ds Max, and I maintain that Blenders UI was made by space aliens. So right now I'm making a simple model editor that supports extrusion, CSG operations, skeletal animation and texture painting directly on the model in 3d view. I hope to later use these modelling functions to procedurally generate models, like randomized buildings and stuff.

Also thinking a lot about AI. I want to eventually make extra-fancy, extra-smart AI that uses planning and logic to behave in an actually rational way. The player probably wouldn't be able to appreciate all those smarts since they can only see the end result, which would probably look better with simple behavior tree scripting, but meh, the players are not the boss of me.

Hmm. I wonder if professional devlopers ever want to develop stuff, only to be told "this doesn't make the game more fun so stop wasting your time"?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement