🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What are you working on?

Started by
102 comments, last by Shehabuhj 6 years, 5 months ago

This is just me speaking as someone who hasn't got a clue on how racing game economics works... since you're using Mercedes premium brand, wouldn't the licensing deal make it less cost effective?

Yeah generally licensing an IP will cost you a boatload of money. I know of sports games that have spent almost as much on licensing as on development...
However, this wasn't for a racing game; it a stand-alone project to be installed in the Mercedes-AMG tent at the Formula 1 -- it's just an audio sim with pedals, built for the IP holder :D
UWqGVIG.jpg

Advertisement

Started a repo on github for my new game engine in pure C. It's turning to be better than expected. I removed all superfluous abstractions that I had just before uploading.

Now I'm writing code to render quads with OpenGL ES. Still not sure if I will make a rendering system or let the objects draw themselves.

As I stated earlier I'm working on a card game (which is going to be a mini game in an rpg I'm working on) that consists of 106 cards. I knocked out the spell cards first because they were the easiest which brought me down to 87 cards which are the monsters. Then I discovered a way to randomize 87 non-repetitive stats. Now all I need to do is apply this to the cards and print for test-play! woo hoo! I'm stoked!

I thought I might stop by a little (I managed to lose the discord account).

I am at a point I could consider having paid enough of my company technical debt. Not to say the problem is solved but at least the projects can start moving forwards.

The workflow involved in embedded systems is terrible. I don't think we would even be at register combiners level if GPU industry took the same stance.

I knew that already but being around here provided me really good value. I realized I have been very lucky following this field, there has been a revolution decade(s) ago with GPUs and people never ever got to realize it.

I have finally managed to get some decent amount of C#. And some experience with Angular. Does that mean /me is web-dev now? Notice me Senpai!

Previously "Krohm"

I somehow found a way to power through and input all necessary information on each of the 106 alpha cards! now I need to scrounge up the $140usd it's gonna cost to have them printed. Until then I'm fine tuning the rules and writing them down for everyone (the people I'm playtesting with) to see so they don't think I'm making up rules on the fly or cheating. I've also written 3 pages of story. Yay progress!

I'm happy. More progress on my C game engine...

I'm making some changes on the core. I made some extensive research around the forum, and found the posts of Hodgman and L. Spiro very helpful regarding two things: object pool and renderer.

I knew that things were going to get slow with linked list, so I made a dynamic array as the memory pool. The array increases by X once it reaches the limit. It's super fast to traverse :)

I'm making a memory pool for each kind of asset (https://github.com/felipefs/tinycnode/issues/12).

As for the renderer, I'm making some little abstraction, so I can implement different kinds of renderers. Each renderer implementation can have a different "push" function (with different parameters).

I still need to decide the design that will be the relationship between renderer <-> viewport <-> framebuffer <-> texture.

:D

Spending my spare time to recreate the feel of Dungeon Keeper Gold in a new setting.

2IX3dgO.jpgWfnfOLk.jpgSVhS7cB.jpg1SMUHLh.jpg

Graphics are still placeholders. Im currently working on implementing A*.

We've actually finished the games we planned for this month. Our studio is now working on improving the gameplay and promotion.

Here's a trailer to one of our recent games, Mighty Alpha Droid:

Day Job: working on various Museum multimedia things & VR.

Side projects: those monthes working on a sampler on raspberry pi (no video to show for now)

Pays the bills: Generalist programmer at a mid-size AAA development studio, focusing on multiplayer at the moment.

Never-ending hobby project: Misc small game prototypes that over the years have merged into a fairly mature game engine. Currently working on rewriting the renderer to be platform and API agnostic. Here is a screenshot of the editor from a while back:

editor.png

The game in the screenshot is a prototype I made over the course of two weeks last December. More info here if you are interested: https://www.gamedev.net/topic/684831-jailbreak-prototype-released/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement