🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Amazon Lumberyard for indie multiplayer game

Started by
2 comments, last by AdrianKokula 6 years, 6 months ago

Hello guys,

#1 Sorry for my English....

#2 I have a "little" problem with licence terms. I'm student with I think good idea of multiplayer shooter game. Something small, but funny and interesting. In Lumberyard terms is something like that: "If you are developing multiplayer game without your own servers you have to use Amazon's". Maybe if I'm selling game on Steam I can use their servers. It's like I have "own" servers for my game or is there any way to jump this term, or just develop this game in another game engine? For instance Cryngine 5, UE4.....

Lumberyard terms:

57.4 Operating Restrictions. Without our prior written consent, (a) the Lumberyard Materials (including any permitted modifications and derivatives) may only be run on computer equipment owned and operated by you or your End Users, or on AWS Services, and may not be run on any Alternate Web Service and (b) your Lumberyard Project may not read data from or write data to any Alternate Web Service.

Lumberyard FAQ:

Q. Can my Lumberyard game connect to services like Steamworks, Xbox Live, PSN, Apple Game Center, Google Play Games, or console social services?Yes. Your game may read and write data to platform services and public third-party game services for player save state, identity, social graph, matchmaking, chat, notifications, achievements, leaderboards, advertising, player acquisition, in-game purchasing, analytics, and crash reporting.

I'm not sure but matchmaking is actually multiplayer.

Thanks for all replies.

Advertisement

My interpretation is that if you rent virtual servers you need to use AWS, rather than competitors like Google Cloud.

You can use Steam services and others, and you can use your own servers. But if you are buying virtual server time and you use Lumberyard then you need to buy those virtual servers through Amazon.

So I already have an answer. Matchmaking is only connecting people together, with lumberyard I Amazon's game servers or own servers for multiplayer gam

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement