Advertisement

Hoping to create a game but dont know what route to take

Started by February 05, 2019 09:58 PM
3 comments, last by Rutin 5 years, 7 months ago

Hi,

I have been planning on creating a tycoon style game for a while now. I have got my idea and now I would like to develop it into a game. I will ne creating the game in unity however soon realised that building may be hard to create therefore I am stuck. I tried blender however I would have to create a new blend for every stage of the nightclub. I had a look around but couldnt find anything related to the steps of making a graphic game. Heres exactly what Im trying to achieve:

A tycoon where someone can build and expand their nightclub and team up with firends to complete missions etc. 

Now I have enough knowledge with prgrammming to programme score, movement of objects etc. But I dont know how to add new objects or whats the best way to make these maps. A game similar to this is supermarket tycoon. 

So my questions are:

Is blender the best tool to use?

How shall I go about the progression of the building? Is there an easy way to do this in unity?

Is there an easy way to create a map

It sounds like you haven't tried to do very much with either unity or blender yet. In general the best practice is to go through tutorials on YouTube or elsewhere to try and learn the ropes first. I'm not sure how "easy" you want it to be, but unity is a well-respected platform. I don't know much about blender. Game-creation is generally pretty hard.

Advertisement

I'm still learning blender for game asset creation, and I've been learning blender (and Unity) for game use for several years now..  The only easy assets to create are the ones you pay for.  Sometimes the free ones aren't half bad either.. ;)   Check out the Unity Asset Store, and do as @RidiculousName suggests, watch several hundred YouTube videos on Unity and Blender.  Set aside at least a month for each of these programs, just to learn how to use their interfaces and get accustomed to the terminology.  If you are not patient with this process it will only become harder.  Then, once you understand the software, you can begin learning how to use it to do the things you imagine, all of them. :D

8 minutes ago, Septopus said:

I'm still learning blender for game asset creation, and I've been learning blender (and Unity) for game use for several years now..  The only easy assets to create are the ones you pay for.  Sometimes the free ones aren't half bad either.. ;)   Check out the Unity Asset Store, and do as @RidiculousName suggests, watch several hundred YouTube videos on Unity and Blender.  Set aside at least a month for each of these programs, just to learn how to use their interfaces and get accustomed to the terminology.  If you are not patient with this process it will only become harder.  Then, once you understand the software, you can begin learning how to use it to do the things you imagine, all of them. :D

:) Yep! Everything worth while takes time.

Once you learn the tools the rest is up to your skill, ability, and creativity. Wow that rhymes? :D 

Programmer and 3D Artist

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement