🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Owl Shooter (Manager killer) - Full 3D first person shooter

Started by
27 comments, last by Homeship 4 years, 3 months ago

Advertisement

New build download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xerjgzlh926XzqBVOpsACdnSaHw01lCL

Detailed list of changes:

1. The visual part

- added a bunch of post effects

- Changed the implementation of some weather conditions

- replaced several environment shaders

- changed the permissions of a number of textures

- Added the interaction of some vegetation with the wind.

- redesigned some hit effects

2. Content

- added the third location. She is ready all, but only the first part is available - before entering the Owl’s Office.

- vegetation (bushes, trees, grass) is completely processed.

- voiced monkeys

- raccoons voiced

- replaced the sounds of some player steps and a number of environmental sounds

- added background sound for locations

- The level of opponents is now displayed by the details of their appearance

3. Gameplay

- Removed player slowdown when climbing slopes

- one shot from a double-barreled barrel spends a unit of ammunition (previously spent two)

- the shotgun has an alternative mode - for close combat

- rebalanced weapon parameters

- A double-barreled shot now has a higher density of "shot scree". Due to this, there are fewer situations when the enemy is "surrounded", and near the double-barrel does even more damage.

- an alternative mode was added to the machine gun (higher accuracy at a distance, but higher ammunition consumption)

- Added player buffs: burning, poisoning, electric shock. Visualization available.

- enemies throw different shells: stones, axes, rotten bananas (cause poisoning), fireballs

- changed AI of enemies, enemies became more maneuverable. High-level enemies can regenerate basic health (but do not grow lost limbs). Also, the AI ​​got the opportunity to choose a weapon depending on the distance of the battle (at point-blank use fangs and claws) and the character's condition (loss of paw / arm means loss of weapon in that hand / paw). With remote weapons, the AI ​​tries to stay at a distance.

- added plot subjects - key cards to unlock doors and gates. Usually they must be picked up from the mini-boss.

- when faced with a mini-boss, a health-bar is displayed with the value of his health

- now when a player is injured, "filling" with a red screen is proportional to the severity of the injury

- the parameter "found secret" has been added to the statistics of passing the location. In secret - bonus supplies. Some are simple, some will make your attention and logic tense.

- Increased destructibility of the environment: almost all wooden objects can be broken, all glass in buildings can either be knocked out or damaged.

- After the destruction of wooden buildings, ruins remain.

- increased the visibility of bonuses, both falling from defeated enemies, and scattered around locations

- Added damage to the legs in the model of damage to opponents. Although it is impossible to shoot the leg, but damage to any of them leads to a serious loss in speed. Does not apply to bats, as they only fly.

- improved model of explosions, increased number of fragments, improved processing of "high explosive action"

I won’t give a list of fixed bugs. And so - a lot has been written.)

Of the known problems - an increased load on the processor in the third location (a lot of opponents). I'm working on further AI optimization.

Need any feedback!

A video of walkthrough (first location only):

https://youtu.be/jLoraPTRKtk

and

https://youtu.be/ZEPfgbAbnJ0

https://youtu.be/3u3_XMX-PI0

Freezes on video - are not game perfomance. It's a result of PC overload "game + Bandicam"

Please aswer one question:
Are enemies in game cute enough to not want to kill them?

It seems - I missed with enemy character's design.(( Animals appears more "cute" and game looks like "animals abusing".

But idea was - "terrorised and fired Hare strikes back to Evil Boss - Owl and it's minions - jerboas, racoons, bats etc."

At the beginning (in Jule 2019) I planned to make animals as close to comic's design as possible.

But in August 2019 modelles told me: "We don't want to do characters in comic's design. We should make something better". After a week of disputes I agreed.((

In result - we lose a lilnk between comic and game via character's look. And a problem I wrote above.

Also it led - a main conflict "Boss vs employee" wasn't disclosed enough.
Some problems with translating of comic's pages. And I made a bet on comic's pages as backstory.

This didn't works as expected.

So now I'm working on general changes of the game.

A new set of weapons, a new aiming system.

A new player damage model + another system for using first-aid kits.

A new plot, new props, new interactive objects, a modified first location:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement