🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for collaborate with others on a games website

Started by
3 comments, last by mark842 6 months, 1 week ago

I have been working on a game similar to battleship - a 2D TBS game. The backend is in Smartfox/java and front end is in Unity. I have a beta version of the game working in multiplayer, and altough a bit buggy, I started working on a primitive play vs AI, but working alone and hitting some roadblocks has made me abandon the project a couple times. Every time I come back to it, I wish I had someone that I can bounce ideas off of, program with, etc.

I am willing to help you, if you're just learning to program (although my skills aren't the best either). Ideally I am looking for someone who either is already working on a game or wants to create 2D turn-based or strategy games, not necessarily in Unity, but games that you are looking to host on the same platform, possibly creating a website, etc.

Advertisement

Hello! Do you have anything to show what you've done so far? How long have you been doing hobby game dev stuff?

I've created the same game in flash back in 2013. Here is a video of it(now defunct) https://youtu.be/UQmp91qZFLk?si=BiX6hMC_71syt1IN

Here is how the game looks in Unity. I've re-used the same backend as the flash version

Thanks for sharing your progress! I think I'm looking for something different to collaborate on, but good luck with your project.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement