3D Studio Max: PC or Mac

Started by
12 comments, last by digitalatari 22 years, 6 months ago
3dsmax and p4 ?

http://www.discreet.com/products/3dsmax/p4/

-----------------------------------------------

"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
Advertisement
quote: Original post by eng3d
Sincerily, but MAC is good for nothing.. have a nice gabinet but is not good, don''t have a enought hardware/software and is far expensive that a pc-athlon.

Be quiet. You obviously have no proffesional experience in the graphic design industry with an opinion like that. Anyone worth their salt will know that the Mac OS and Macintosh computer is much better for graphic design. It''s likely that 90% of the advertisments you see are made on a mac.

The processors are faster the dual gigahertz G4 is the fastest professional level computer outside of science labs and the like (and some of those SGI beasts).
Jackson Hyde-Negative Influence New Media
Interesting, could you provide some links showing the performance comparison with PC''s and Macs? I would like to see how much of a delta there is and in what specific types of applications. As I mentioned before, I can find an abundance of documentation on PC benchmarks, but little-to-nothing on Macs.

As a side note:
If you just went by clock speeds, I haven''t seen any Macs much over 1GHz, but PC''s are at 2.2GHz. Naturally, anyone who has researched computers, though, knows that clock speed ratings are only one factor in many; Athlons are clocked slower than Pentiums, but often perform equally or better. Hence my interest in finding more information on Macs.

Thank you kindly!
Charles Galyon

Charles GalyonPresidentNeoPong Software, Inc.
Again...as stated before...there is no 3DS Max for Mac.

But as far as side by side comparisons between mac and pc go: pc is still better for 3D work than macs (faster processors)...but in all of the 2D and video departments, macs still rule(more efficient processors). The comparisons are pretty close though so you probably won''t notice much of a difference in the end.

Ease of use is a big thing though. macs are much more stable than pcs (but i havent used osX yet so dont jump on me for saying this)

hope this helps a little.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement