🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Retail publisher info

Started by
58 comments, last by Smile 22 years, 4 months ago
Mr. Belgium: I still don''t know what you are talking about. Like I said we published 4 products and paid the developers in full. Nobody can complain. What are "Developer Referentions"? Where can I find them???

Mr. Anonymous who does not believe I left Crystal Interactive: I did leave the company 8 months ago. The fact that they are still using my name on their website is unknown to me but it''s good that you point it out as I will immediately contact them to have it removed. I do NOT work with them anymore. Please try to get that into your head for once...

I do not have a problem answering questions directly but I cannot answer questions I don''t know the answers to. Can I try one for you? Question: "What salary does Frank Jones earn as a technician at Microsoft?". Don''t know? Shame on you! Why? You say you don''t work at Microsoft and therefore don''t know what Frank Jones earns? Join the club!!! I do NOT work for Crystal Interactive so I cannot know whether those developers are paid or not. I''m also not going to guess. During my time at Crystal Interactive I also was not in charge of accounting or even had the slightest influence over that part of the business. So effectively you are again blaming me for something I couldn''t possibly do anything about. Because we''re on the subject of blaming people for events they cannot do anything about: My paper wasn''t delivered this morning, what do you have to say for yourself???

P.S.: Lots of anonymous posters seem to enjoy this one on many debate with me. Show yourself. Who are you? At least register...
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Xing Interactive
Mr. Belgium: I still don''t know what you are talking about. Like I said we published 4 products and paid the developers in full. Nobody can complain. What are "Developer Referentions"? Where can I find them???

Mr. Anonymous who does not believe I left Crystal Interactive: I did leave the company 8 months ago. The fact that they are still using my name on their website is unknown to me but it''s good that you point it out as I will immediately contact them to have it removed. I do NOT work with them anymore. Please try to get that into your head for once...

I do not have a problem answering questions directly but I cannot answer questions I don''t know the answers to. Can I try one for you? Question: "What salary does Frank Jones earn as a technician at Microsoft?". Don''t know? Shame on you! Why? You say you don''t work at Microsoft and therefore don''t know what Frank Jones earns? Join the club!!! I do NOT work for Crystal Interactive so I cannot know whether those developers are paid or not. I''m also not going to guess. During my time at Crystal Interactive I also was not in charge of accounting or even had the slightest influence over that part of the business. So effectively you are again blaming me for something I couldn''t possibly do anything about. Because we''re on the subject of blaming people for events they cannot do anything about: My paper wasn''t delivered this morning, what do you have to say for yourself???

P.S.: Lots of anonymous posters seem to enjoy this one on many debate with me. Show yourself. Who are you? At least register...

Again you are referering to Crystal Interactive. I talk about Xing Interactive! Not about the History!

The developers reference what do you think else?
Mr Steve Pavlina advices developers in one of his articles to check always the references. And that is what I did!
And it isn''t positive about Xing Interactive! That''s why I invite people to do the same. In case they don''t believe me.

p.s.: a registration is nice. But it doesn''t give you enough information to trace the person and to spam him.

Again We are talking about Xing Interactive!
Again: which references are you talking about? Like I said you couldn''t possibly have talked to a Xing developer who did not get paid. Better check your so called references again and see if you perhaps misinterpreted their words. We are trying our best to place all of the products and if a developer chooses to work with us and badmouth us at the same time he should reconsider his contract. If you don''t cancel it then stick with us all the way and don''t complain every week it takes to wait for things to happen. Who did you talk to? If I don''t know I can''t explain it to you. Sorry...

Oh and I was talking about Crystal Interactive because you clearly are talking to people who do think I''m still with them. Can''t help but think that until I know who your "references"are. I can just as well say that my "references" about you say that you are a compulsive liar. Anonymous is easy. I heard a bird tell... Are you serious???

"Again: which references are you talking about? Like I said you couldn''t possibly have talked to a Xing developer who did not get paid. "

Again: I contacted the developers and it isn''t like you call it "perhaps misinterpreted their words".

Again: It''s about Xing Interactive.

Also Again: People can do what they want. They know that there is a big chance not to be payed. And will not see any $$$$$
25.000 - 100.000.

"you don''t cancel it then stick with us all the way and don''t complain every week it takes to wait for things to happen"

What kind of words are this?

Are this the words of a professional publisher? Without any notice about the care for Public Relatonships?

Again strange...

Also it''s about developers of Xing Interactive, not Crystal Interactive! For the ... time! I am not stupid to give names to bring people in trouble. Everybody got the freedom of speech in this world. And all I did is using a healthy mind, just like mentioned in the articles of Dexterity.
Again: You are making no sense exactly like before... We have on our website 8 games at the moment. I presume that you have talked to these developers?

Krakout - Was published in the Benelux and the developer has been paid in full. Even though we don''t always agree we have a good relationship with these people as they also maintain our website for us. No reason for them to complain.

Alien Infestation - This game hasn''t even been completed since 2 weeks ago so they definately have no reason to complain.

Arcangel - This guy knows that his game is difficult to place but we have a release for Germany in March so if you care to ask him he''ll confirm this. Can''t imagine Mark would complain.

Kombat Kars - This is Cliffski''s game. He posted on this message board earlier in our defense. So why should he complain?

Warrior''s Mind - This is a personal friend of mine. Would never say anything negative about Xing.

Fox Kids Series - This is an official licensed product from pro developers. No reason for them to complain.

Pool Wars - Now this could be the one you''re talking about. This guy E-mailed me a week ago that he was angry and disappointed that he had not been paid yet. It turned out he thought his product had been released a month earlier then in reality and I cleared things up. Now if this is the one: contact him again please.

Swarm Assault - This developer only very recently signed on. No reason for him to complain.

Now you tell me who could possibly have a problem??? The fact that you think that there''s little chance you get paid is not my concern. I don''t force anyone to sign a contract at gunpoint and you''re free to pass up the opportunity. However insinuating AGAIN that we won''t pay our developers in general is a blatant lie and I do take offense to that. Proof please??? (asking you for it knowing that you cannot provide it ) Our contracts are drawn up in a way where we pay after we get paid ourselves. You cannot expect payment if there are no sales yet. I think you confuse that for being scammed. A scam is when we publish a game, make sales and not pay the developer. Something we do not do in a million years!

Now in the light of this and the fact that you still make accusations as an anonymous flamer I guess it''s hard to take you seriously... Sorry!
Anonymous Poster, you are pathetic. Really. Posting should require registration.

-----
Jonas Kyratzes
"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."
-Buddha
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
If you know some developers who have been "ripped-off" by Xing, why don’t you contact them and tell them about this thread so that you can prove your case. If they wish to complain in a public forum, and inform the rest of us as to their experience with Xing, then so be it. Until then I must admit that your antics seem very accusatory, and somewhat unfounded. Merely claiming that there are developers out there that have been abused by Xing is not a reference, it''s an accusation. However if one of the parties you claim has been mistreated by Xing were to post here, that would be a valid reference.

It is in very poor taste to going around accusing someone or someone’s company of misdoing without providing specifics or details. I felt that the two points you brought up earlier about the products not being on the web sites were valid. However I believe Xing answered those questions reasonably. I would be interested in hearing Xing explain the misdoings you perceive, but without providing any specifics he is unable to do so and all we are left with is repeated accusations. Please provide some detailed information in the form of some specifics, or one of the wronged parties representing themselves on this board. Otherwise this is just a pointless thread with two peoples vendetta against Xing. For all we know you work for Crystal Interactive and this is a public smear campaign with no basis in reality.
Well pardon me for getting a bit emotional here after being called a liar and a cheat by you!!! "what kind of words are this?"... Isn''t it obvious that I meant with this that there are ignorant people who make makes and expect that when they hand us a game today that it will be in the stores by tomorrow? It''s not their fault as you cannot expect them to know, but it does affect their story towards others in a way. They feel they are wronged by the fact that they had to wait an entire 8 weeks until their product is on the markt... It''s a disgrace! The fact that it takes at least 1 week to get a decent cover designed, 2 to 3 weeks to prepare everything for printing and produce the CDs and boxes after we pitched it for 4 weeks to retailers doesn''t really compute with them... I am not angry at anyone, but sometimes I think they really believe that writing a game is the hardest part... It isn''t... Selling it is...

Hmm so you are anonymous and your sources are too? Talk about strange...
Thanks Ironside, Runemaster and Borngamer. At last a few sensible people reading this

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement