🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

could you check my demo???

Started by
51 comments, last by Bruno 23 years, 11 months ago
Is there supposed to be a way to get outside of the level? I found my way out, but couldn''t find a way back in.

On the upside though, I got something like 400+fps outside the level.
Advertisement
Very cool! go on!
on my "old" machine K6-2/333, 64Mo, ATI rage fury 32Mo (AGP off) (f...ing motherboard ASUS P5A-B!) i''ve got 30fps!

impressed lunasol

Pretty cool demo. I have a Pentium 166MMX, with a Voodoo3 2000 PCI card. It runs about 33fps when I can see the monster, and about 70fps when I don''t.

I did notice one thing though, that might be a bug. When I face the wall thats to the monsters back, their seems to be break up of the wall, it looks kind of weird. Tobe more clear goto about the coords X=-8, and Z=-29, and face the wall thats to the monsters back. You''ll see what I mean.
AMD Tbird 1GHz 266FSB, ASUS A7V133, Crucial 768MB PC133 SDRAM, PlexWriter 12X/10X/32X CD-RW, Voodoo3 2000 PCI, Creative SoundBlaster Live!, Maxtor 7200rpm 13.3GB, IBM 5200rpm 3.2GB, Samsung 955DF 19" Monitor, LinkSys USB100TX Ethernet Network Adapter,Rogers@Home, Win2000/Linux Mandrake 8.0
where did you get the code to load that md2 file? i looked at chumbasoft's site and all they had was their stuff about the viewers and MilkShape (which is pretty kewl if you ask me ;-)

david

Edited by - neonstar on June 23, 2000 11:49:14 AM
--david@neonstar.netneonstar entertainment
quote: Original post by steve_bruce

maybe it just needs optimizing.

*laughs* Oh, you mean like we *just* need to solve the problem of crime, or *just* need to cure cancer?

There is no *just* about optimisation. It''s not like you can just flick a switch and suddenly everything runs twice as fast.

Comments like this really amuse me, and annoy me at the same time.

TheTwistedOne
http://www.angrycake.com
TheTwistedOnehttp://www.angrycake.com
Very Nice, i get about 51 fps on my Voodoo 3 2000. Also in the closed corridors i get up to 102 fps, when the lighting is bright, but when the lighting starts to dim the fps drops.

Cool demo, very impressive.

+AA_970+
I get a pretty consistant 200+ fps on my GeForce DDR, P3-500. Anyone out there with a GeForce 2?

-BacksideSnap-

Edited by - -BacksideSnap- on June 23, 2000 1:50:08 PM
hey BacksideSnap, nice site, just thought i''d let ya know...

david
Neonstar
On the chumbalum soft site, you have the md2 viewer on the main page.., go there, and this will bring you antoher page.., in this page, you can select what do download, if the md2viewer executable, or the md2viewer source.., the file is md2viewer14_src.zip
It''s all in there..
If you can''t find it, send me an e-mail, and i will send it to you.
thanks wveryone for the comments ) I''m really impressed with the amount of people who took the time to go check it )
thanks again

Bruno
thanks bruno. i really did like your demo. let us know when you get that enemy to attack you!

man, you really got me interested in 3D programming... i''ll have to fool with the NeHe tutorials this weekend...

nice work,
david

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement