🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Official SICP/Scheme Study Group Registration (up. 1/26)

Started by
65 comments, last by kSquared 17 years, 3 months ago
Quote: Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
Quote: Original post by kevtimc
Quote: Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
no SICP knowledge is assumed. We expect you to have some knowledge of general programming. If you're not famillar or even comfortable with data structures: linked lists, heaps, queue, stack, etc. There are more than enough programmers in the Study Group to help out with that [smile] as far as explaining algorithms for those data structures that is.

Fair enough, will SICP just jump right into these topics, or will they explain them before giving you examples?

Read the first chapter and find out. [smile]

Okay, I read the foreward, which may have been a bit over my head (I'll try reading it later at a not as late hour), but the introduction of Chapter 1 made sense to me. I'm gonna go get some sleep and start Chapter 1 tommorow.

Advertisement
I'll join!

Name: EmrldDrgn
Interested in joining as: student
Prior experience with Scheme: none
Prior experience: Around a year of C++, maybe 6 months of C#, and around 10 seconds of &#106avascript (I didn't like it :-P)<br>Timezone: US Pacific (GMT -8)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I program in C++, on MSVC++ '05 Express, and on Windows. Most of my programs are also for windows.
Name: Gamedev Doctor
I am interested in joining the group as a: student
My experience with Scheme is: None
My experience with general programming is: C++
Timezone: -8

Just in time too :)
I mean, why would you get your medical advice anywhere else?
I haven't been a member here for years, and I probably won't interact with this group much, but routine and deadlines are exactly what I need.

Name: aceofspaceman
I am interested in joining the group as a: Student
My experience with Scheme is: Zero
My experience with general programming is: Moderate
Timezone: GMT +10

Name: Nathan Baum.
I am interested in joining the group as a: Somewhat both.
My experience with Scheme is: Mediocre.
My experience with general programming is: Good.
Timezone: London. (Currently GMT+1).
If it's not to late to drop in...

Name: Apollo
I am interested in joining the group as a: Somewhat both
My experience with Scheme is: approx. 1 year of courses in school(if common lisp counts)
My experience with general programming is: intermediate (I think) Java and C++, strong Prolog, tidbits of various other languages.
Timezone: EST
I'm unstickying this, since it's been up for a while. Hope the class is going well :)
- k2 "Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement