🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

01.03 - Comments and Suggestions

Started by
72 comments, last by Teej 20 years, 10 months ago
what about text-based games ? I wanna learn what you teaching and i''m grateful for this knowlegde.But if you how to make a text based game spread that along with the rest.

huve

Advertisement
What about text-based games ? I''m grateful for this knowledge but if you know how to help then spread the knowledge around.
Great Job

huve

hey huve
ive had some expeirience with text based role playing games
if you want to talk muds or text adventures email me @ darkdragon007607@msn.com or aim jmd00769 =D

oh and teej i love the forum keep up the good work and i cant wait to learn all my swollen head can absorb

WE ARE THE CODE! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

Edited by - asylum101 on April 14, 2001 8:49:02 PM
I''m not sure how things are planned for this tutorial/forum/class/etc, but here is as idea that struck me as I was climbing the ladder:

Periodic challenges. Every so often, as new concepts get introduced and discussed, Teej could say, "Alright, now everyone go write a little game that does so-and-so or implements such-and-such a concept." Then everyone who wants to can try their hand at actually applying the knowledge that Teej has so graciously bestowed upon us. Maybe then we could all post our little games on a website somewhere (perhaps GameDev.net could provide the space) and folks could comment on their peers'' games.

I don''t know if this is feasible, but I think it would greatly enhance the value of this undertaking.

FragLegs

PS - I would be willing to provide any help needed to implement this idea.

PPS - Thank you Teej.
I don''t mean to be ungrateful, or unappreciative of the time it must take to pull this together, but:

When can we expect another installment?? The news section indicated new material would be available a few days ago?

And again, a thousand thank-you''s for your hard work.
Hey Teej, how bout a thread that lets people put down their problems to get help from other people.... maybe one for each section?? Just thought of it because Im going to have lots of questions that I need to ask about things, but I cant do nothing because there is bnowhere that they quite fit..... their not all exactly on topic, but I need the help to get some things that Im setting up working and this place would be a good place to ask... does this sound a good idea????

cheers Teej, and keep up the good work

Hey Teej it was a good idea to make up an article on how to set up the compiler to get directX to work. I remember last time there was like 200 messages stating the error you mentioned in that article. Now I think it will be easier to actually concentrate on making games

Oh, and as a suggestion, I hope you''re gonna go deep in the math part... once again so we''re even more ready for the 3d stuff...

Biere et punk
Greetings All,

I was wondering what the best program was to create a good 2D Multi-Player RPG. I would like it to be tiled base, and look something like, Furcadia (www.furcadia.com). Please help me! What should I use? What should I do? What language should I use?

Thank you!
Hi folks,

Thanks for the suggestions so far...I''ll try and address a few of them:

Periodic challenges are to be an integral part of the next (new) section. It involves getting to know some of the basic features that every game incorporates, and we''ll be using the template code to work on.

For questions and answers on specific topics, I thought it best to use the ''Reply'' feature on the article in question. If you think that there''s a need for a topic unrelated, let me know.

As for installments, please read the new News post.

Teej

Is there any way that I can get the sdk''s without having to download them? I am on a lan and my download rate sucks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement