🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

02.02 - Game Development Tools

Started by
58 comments, last by Teej 20 years, 3 months ago
for anyone iterested i found a game dev kit for $59 that comes with VC++ 6.0, SRMA model animator, Genesis 3D a 3D game engine with no roalties =D, and DirectX 7 sdk. its called "game programming starter kit 4.0" and i found it at best buy
have fun people! =D

Edited by - asylum101 on April 18, 2001 10:37:41 PM
Advertisement
I got DirectDraw working with Dev-C++. You have to add -fvtable-thunks to the list of extra arguments to the compiler or something- can''t remember exactly. Anyway, it worked fine but it does compile slightly slower code than Visual C++.

Falling Frog
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world, butthe unreasonable man tries to adapt the world to him-therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -Samuel Butler
Hello everyone, I''m very new to this forum and I have really been enjoying it a lot. I just wanted to add that SoftF/X has released
an open source version of their program called OpenFX. It can be found at:

www.opnefx.org.
Seems to be a very nice 3d graphics program
Sorry about the last post.

The correct url is http://www.openfx.org
ok, damn!
this was gonna be fun until i realized we werent gonna be using NT...stupid university ''puters!well'' as long as ME works ill be fine....later
I would like to know if there is a site where I can download a C compiler. I have Windows 95.

Thanks.
Borland''s free compiler is a useful one, and it''s up to version 5.5. It is what I have been using, however, there is a problem with the OpenGL compatability, and I have yet to be able to figure it out. It will compile C and C++ applications depending on the command line options you use, and it is capable of creating windows applications (use the -tW option)... it is all command-line stuff as someone has already pointed out, but that doesn''t bother me too much. If anyone knows how to fix the OpenGL problem, please feel free to explain (in detail if possible) how I could do so as well. It has to do with the glaux library files and it gives unresolved external _____ errors.
Hi, i´m totally new in this forum, but i have readed the posts for some time!!! I have C++ Borland Builder 4.0 for windows!!! Can i compile the sources that you will post here soon? DX7 is compatible with Builder 4.0?

Thanks!! and by the way, can you tell me where can i get some really good newbie tutorial to windows programming with C++?

bye!
To code is to make things come to life ;)
This is the best windows programming tutorial I have discovered so far:

Windows API Programming Tutorial

Hope you find it useful!
===================================Josh Ebersol"I'm not afraid of computers taking over the world. They're just sitting there. I can hit them with a two by four." -Thom York
Thank´s... I guess it will help a lot...

And as i have asked before, Builder 4.0 is compatible?

for security reasons i have adquired Borland C++ 5.0 for windows!

and DirectX 7.0a SDK full!!

The dll´s of DX7 are compatible with one of the two compilers above?
To code is to make things come to life ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement