🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What are you working on?

Started by
102 comments, last by Shehabuhj 6 years, 5 months ago

Hi, I'm a new developer. I just finished my first game, even though it's just a pong clone.

Here is the link, please check it out. https://surrealgames.itch.io/impawngible

I am going to start on an idle game next. How do I go about getting plays on my games?

Advertisement

My renderer for 2D quads is usable. It accepts only one texture for now (enough for me, because I'm using a texture atlas), but I will update to accept multiple texture (and filter by texture) later.

I also got my implementation of matrix operations working.

DkiMFjl.gif

Aaaaaaand, the input system is very nice, inspired by the godot input system. In the initialization I assign inputs with a name:

add_key_input("p1_up", KEY_UP);
add_key_input("p1_up", KEY_I);
add_key_input("p1_down", KEY_DOWN);
add_key_input("p1_down", KEY_K);
add_key_input("p1_left", KEY_LEFT);
add_key_input("p1_left", KEY_J);
add_key_input("p1_right", KEY_RIGHT);
add_key_input("p1_right", KEY_L);

Then in the update I can query using only that name:

if (get_input("p1_up")) {
    printf("move up\n");
}

easier for programming, and easier when I have to implement the menu for controller configuration.

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, but follow GameDev.net since a long time.

Several times I tried to create a game, but I realized that I lack basic knowledge required for game development, especially 3D. This was the reason to begin with a basic 3D rendering engine. In the beginning it used OpenGL, but switched to D3D11 because I think it's easier.

The screenshot shows that I still have some problems with textures, while some are working, others are not. Anyway, one time I'll fix it.

The character was made with MakeHuman.

Github Repo: https://github.com/stievie/Tiny3D

All the best, and continue with your amazing projects.

Always nice to see everyone going for it with their own projects.

I'm currently working on my new engine/ framework, which, unlike my 1st one, will not be dx9/ win32 only. I'm trying to apply wrapping and abstraction to make it more flexible for the future. Firstly I'll go for win32 with dx11, but the frontend won't know.

Crealysm game & engine development: http://www.crealysm.com

Looking for a passionate, disciplined and structured producer? PM me

A small data transfer app about Android. it is my first project, lol

@cozzle, why not go with OpenGL, already, if you plan to make it cross-platform?

RHAKjmU.png

Did I mention here that I'm making a painting program? It's written in C with Gtk+ library. The sidebars above are toggleable (they smoothly slide when showing/hiding). The automatic brush for circles (like above) can use one of those easing functions (http://easings.net/) to generate the "blur". The backend for drawing can be easily used for multithreading (which is an objective).

I just started trying to learn pixel art and 3D modeling. Nothing to show just yet though as it will all be utterly ugly.

I have 104 cards left to create for an online card game I'm working on. Then it's off to testing, testing, testing!

I got some design ideas that turned out to be great for my painting program:

DO6QxYV.png

I was trying to find a solution to allow the user to modify the values of the scales with precision, with an entry where can type the value, but an entry occupy too much space. I decided to add a "popover" (bottom-left of the image) in every scale in the program, which allows that precision and is consistent. The only "popover" that has max and min value is for "radius" property, which is often annoying in other painting programs that you can't define that.
The HSB color scale also changed a bit, with a more clean design.

Another good news is that brushes are drawn using multithread \o/. When you click, a message is sent to a group of threads reserved for drawing, and the brush is drawn in parts: each thread is responsible for drawing a clip region of the brush. It's funny because many blogs by other open-source painting tools mention that brush drawing is one of the tasks that multithread doesn't fit, because each brush "dab" must be drawn in order (which is correct), but looks like they didn't try to draw a single dab using multithread. Seems like photoshop doens't do that either, since big brushes are very slow.

Meanwhile, in my game engine, the renderer system is perfect! I added another type of renderer just to draw primitives, since I want to code gameplay first, without worrying about art.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement