🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Don't programers just tick you off?

Started by
62 comments, last by Mr Cup 23 years, 9 months ago
quote: Original post by Mr Cup

All we need is love, love..

... love is all we need.

:-)

or not?

As Mr Cup always says,
''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''

Uh, No

quote: From the band (I forgot the name)

If you see what I see,
when you stand by the window.
A troubled life we lead,
And we feel so low.

And you look for some hope,
some love somewhere.
Well baby, I want you to know,
I''ll be here.

I know you feel lonely,
but I''ll be there for you.
And I want you to know,
I''ll always be lovin you.

- DarkMage139
++++++++++++++++
"Shut up and give me the freakin code" -unknown
"Ask and you will be shot" -snes16bit
"Not again!" -SHilbert (upon being assimilated)
- DarkMage139
Advertisement
As a producer for a game publisher let me just say;

Artist or programmer?You both tick me of :-)
quote:
Don't programers just tick you off?

YES! Especially that baskuenen guy. That stupid arrogant bastard motherf##king son of a b#tch, sl#m#ng #gl# s##t f#r br##ns ### # #### # #####

(ps: I also don't like publishers, I don't like anyone )

Edited by - baskuenen on August 25, 2000 10:29:35 PM
Hi, I am a programmer myself. Of course Im going to disagree with your statement because it goes against myself. But Im also going to disagree the fact that you said anyone can program. Listen, I have been trying to teach a friend how to program in BASIC on a TI-83 Calculator for 2 years!! He still cannot grasp even the simplest of statements like:

:If A=5
:Then
:Goto A
:End

I still can''t believe it myself (no offense Daniel). But this is just ONE example of why anyone can''t just get up and start programming. I also believe that art is easier than programming.
I am a true artist myself. I have won state fairs with my paintings, school art shows, and I have even painted a 10 foot wide by 9 foot tall backdrop painting for a dance in oil paints!
Not only that, I have designed multiple drawing and graphics for websites, presentations and more. Now, the reason I said this is because I have tried to teach some people to draw and have succeded! Art is a form of expression. Just because your artwork doesn''t look as good as the Mona Lisa or it looks like a child drew it, that doesn''t mean your a "bad" artist. Art can be whatever you want it to be. You can paint with your hands and can call it art.
But yes, in the gaming industry, artwork does mostly revolve around breath-taking graphics, etc.

So my point is that if you do decide to stereo-type artist, make sure your talking about the right type of artist. Game artist in this case.

By
RyanC
---------------------------<code>!ERR(0493): An error occured in cerebral cortex at location 0x00f230f8!: Buffer Overflow
Hi, I am a programmer myself. Of course Im going to disagree with your statement because it goes against myself. But Im also going to disagree the fact that you said anyone can program. Listen, I have been trying to teach a friend how to program in BASIC on a TI-83 Calculator for 2 years!! He still cannot grasp even the simplest of statements like:

:If A=5
:Then
:Goto A
:End

I still can''t believe it myself (no offense Daniel). But this is just ONE example of why anyone can''t just get up and start programming. I also believe that art is easier than programming.
I am a true artist myself. I have won state fairs with my paintings, school art shows, and I have even painted a 10 foot wide by 9 foot tall backdrop painting for a dance in oil paints!
Not only that, I have designed multiple drawing and graphics for websites, presentations and more. Now, the reason I said this is because I have tried to teach some people to draw and have succeded! Art is a form of expression. Just because your artwork doesn''t look as good as the Mona Lisa or it looks like a child drew it, that doesn''t mean your a "bad" artist. Art can be whatever you want it to be. You can paint with your hands and can call it art.
But yes, in the gaming industry, artwork does mostly revolve around breath-taking graphics, etc.

So my point is that if you do decide to stereo-type artist, make sure your talking about the right type of artist. Game artist in this case.

By
RyanC
---------------------------<code>!ERR(0493): An error occured in cerebral cortex at location 0x00f230f8!: Buffer Overflow

Im gonna nip this in the but once and for all.There is a reasonthat there are many people to a a team.not just programmers and artists. Art takes a certain sense of functionality as does programming. All that bridges the gap between the wannabe''s and the real ones is the effectiveness and skill of that person. For programming you have think logically.
that example that whats his face said is a faily simple logical statement. IM not a programmer but that was simple enough. However im not interested in programming simply because I hate math and im better at drawing. So does this mean that I think that either one is better? Not really. It takes matureaty to admit what you are and are not good at. If your good at logic, you would probably be a good programmer. But there is a certain amount of art in programning. It takes creativity to make certain things work the way they do in programs and that in itself is art. IM thinking that we should learn a bit of both before we can make a judgement. but to tell you the truth I have had to put up with my fair share of concitedness from both so. your experience will very im sure

Why does my life have to be so hard in every world?
9'' by 10'' in OILS? !?!?!?! are you crazy?
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
About what someone said earlier about artists being femanistic or whatever, it was actually proven that most programmers were feminine brained. We each have different varying levels of hormones or whatever. The feminine characteristics are more artistic, and both graphic artists and programmers are more inclined to this way of thinking than, for instance, a plumber or a mechanic. We are fighting on the same team here people. The only time that it is artists v Programmers is when you are competing with other project teams. Nuff said I think

-Chris Bennett ("Insanity" of Dwarfsoft)

Check our site:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~dwarfsoft/
Check out our NPC AI Mailing List :
http://www.egroups.com/group/NPCAI/
made due to popular demand here at GDNet :)
Dude, that had to be the first time I have agreed with you all heartedly. wow.

Why does my life have to be so hard in every world?
THe word is not feministic, it is effeminate.

------------------------------
#pragma twice

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement