🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Don't programers just tick you off?

Started by
62 comments, last by Mr Cup 23 years, 8 months ago
Really, anyone can learn to program, and anyone can learn to draw. But not anyone can become a good artist or a good programmer. And rarely any one can be truely good at both. The problem is that it''s easier to fool people that you are a programmer than an artist, most people can see if something looks good, but few can just by hearing someone tell them how great they are at programming know if it''s just bull comming out of his mouth...

So wanna-ba never gonna be, programmers tick me off, they tick everyone off, but hey the same goes for artists.

HardDrop - hard link shell extension."Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - Yeats
Advertisement
Answering the first question. "Don''t programmers just tick you off?"

No, why do you think I visit this site?
I will put my 2 cents forth once again. both are art forms which pair inate ability with skill. the trick is to be able to use the skill to enhance your abilities. its always a full circle and you cannot be good at one without the other (innate v skill).
Generally that post saying that you cant be good at both, i think that is a lie. if you work hard enough at anything, you will succeed.

Allow the flaming to begin
Conshape Electronic Arts
re: publishers and self-publishing on the Net,

ever check out the hasbro case lately?

Edited by - a2k on October 11, 2000 12:14:04 PM
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement