🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Don't programers just tick you off?

Started by
62 comments, last by Mr Cup 23 years, 9 months ago
who said femanistic. wtf!?

Why does my life have to be so hard in every world?
Advertisement
Sorry, I haven''t gone through the entire thread yet...

I believe that neither field can be gotten to a really good stage on without some natural talent.

However, anyone can become a good programmer or artist if they put enough effort in. I''m currently doing my own art, as I know that the game I''m working on is something I don''t want to get anyone else involved in, because I keep starting and stopping, like now, when I have to learn MFC, so I can write my level editor, so I can actually then continue with the game proper. I don''t want to waste someone elses time by asking them to work when I want em to, and I hope no-one else does either

J2xC (J. Connolly)

"Then study this: Borg provokes Klingon, Klingon breaks Borg's nose" Belanna Torres, Star Trek Voyager 5.11 "Someone to watch over me"

J2xC (J. Connolly) Ah! By popular demand, I shall no longer resist...
Well, I''m a little late but oh well....

I am a programmer, I want to get that straight,

but... I have had lots of bad experiences with artists who act like they are actually going to do the graphics, yada yada yada, and dont follow through.

This really pisses me off, because most programmers have a schedule of deadlines they want to keep, and this fucks it all up.

I do however, have great respect for the good artists who do their job. These are truely gifted people. I can do cool looking Text and some cool effects, but not much else. And I have tried to do a lot of the work they do with no success, so I have to give them credit.

The people I have NO respect for are publishers, since they never end up giving you your share, they seem to always rip off Independant programmers like me, I need all the money I can get so I can update my hardware and software, If I can''t do that then I am in serious trouble.

I think I have gone on enough already, and you probably didnt even bother to read this, but oh well.

------------------------------
Life sucks, then you die.....
-Terra
Yes a2k, 9 foot by 10 foot in oils. Trust me, it wasn''t an easy task.

And its just my luck, they want me to do another one for this year!!!! I don''t think I''ll do it this time. Maybe in another life!

RyanC
--------------------
Games are only as good as you make them...
---------------------------<code>!ERR(0493): An error occured in cerebral cortex at location 0x00f230f8!: Buffer Overflow
I''m both a programmer and an amateur artist (In other words, I''m better at programming than I am at art, but I''m getting there ) and so I''ll have to answer the original question of this thread by saying "no".

Of course, that doesn''t mean I don''t hate any programmers at all, of course I hate some, but it isn''t because I do art .

Null and Void
"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" --Homer Simpson
Egads not again.

ok ok ok, new thred,

Don''t publishers just piss you off? Much better?

As Mr Cup always says,
''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''
As Mr Cup always says,''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''
that makes more sense mr cup. publishers destroy dreams and art faster than anything. And why the fuck should they make the money?

Allow the flaming to begin
Conshape Electronic Arts
because they hold the keys to the gate.
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
not if you plan to release your project over the internet.

Allow the flaming to begin
Conshape Electronic Arts
quote: Original post by a2k

because they hold the keys to the gate.

But they forgot to put the fence up

People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement