🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

01.02 - Enrolment Roster

Started by
723 comments, last by clum 20 years, 1 month ago
Well...I hope I can use the knowledge "posted" from here, later when I code Quake ]||[

Thanks Teej
Advertisement
Kudos Teej-
When I''m creating a program it often takes a few false starts to get the design right before I can plunge in head first. Looks like the same applies to game dev forums. BTW since we''ve started I''ve enrolled in a C++ course at the University so I will no longer be wasting energy wrestling with the syntax. Let the good times roll.
WOO HOO! ok so I just started but I''ll be right with all you I can''t wait to start. I''ve been looking for something like this for years! Then one day i decided I would type in the URL www.gamedev.net and I''m here! Teej I think you rock!

"Nothing changes and nothing stays the same"-Moody Blues - Jeff
"Nothing changes and nothing stays the same"-Moody Blues :) - Jeff
Hi guys!
I was on this this some weeks ago, before it was restructured. I know C++ quiet well and some basic windows programming. So I searched for some tutorials, but all I found were tutorials for absolute beginners or for professional programmers. Nothing between. But this site looked very good!! So I am back now and I hope that I can learn much.

WildWest

The Wild Wild West - Desperado!
I looked at this place for the first project, figured if I want to program games this is the way to learn. I''m a newbie to window programming so take baby steps...

Natro
Talk about excitement, Teej...

If you haven''t already, read the first few replies to this post and see how stoked people are to be one of the first to sign up! Everyone was very impressed when you started this the last time, and it is obvious that folks are glad to have this back. Once again, well done, and I will be replying to other posts soon.
__^__                                         /(o o)======================================oOO==(_)==OOo==========================A picture may be worth a thousand words but it also uses up a thousandtimes more computer memory.
Wazzzzaaaaap!! Glad to see the tutorial up and running again. The new layout looks really great, and I can''t wait to see the new stuff (c:

Deadlock
I have been teaching myself C++, and now that i have a firm grip on the language and started diving into various algorithms i have found it very hard to find a real outline on a procession
of learning. IE:

1) Learn C++ - all commands - write several programs with classes, file i/o and console i/o

2) Learn algorithms - sorting & data structures (tree, list, structs)

3) Learn ??? what next windows programming? matrix math? vector math? its kinda hard to know where to goto next when you don''t know where your going.

....so i home this forum will lead to those answers

so hi all... look forward to the knowledge

May your bugs be few and your food plentiful.
-------------------------------------------------------May your bugs be few and your food plentiful.
Well, Teej, bet you know that we''re out here now, ne? *smirks* I actually heard about your site from a guy who''s a technical director now at a gaming company, and he pointed a bunch of us here to learn from the great tutorials that you have. I''m looking forward to learning from you, and thank you for this opportunity. =)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup and MUSTARD!!! ;)
Hello,
I''m a Newbie - but I''m ready to start some serious learning and programming. I''m not quit sure how this online tutorial works so a procedural overview would be nice.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement